"Bush League" 1966 HONDA 305 DREAM *Kiki*

Re: Project - "Bush League" 1966 HONDA 305 DREAM

OH SHIT!!! My bad!!! sorry...

HAHAHAHAAHA

so..on another note; I have a small proposition for you.. I'm thinking about trying my hand at making some custom tank badges out of aluminium from sand casting.. If you want to help..($?). we can make moulds for your medallions too and cast them out of aluminium.. and polish to a shinny glow.. =) might look pretty slick?

RustyOlive said:
OH SHIT!!! My bad!!! sorry...

HAHAHAHAAHA

so..on another note; I have a small proposition for you.. I'm thinking about trying my hand at making some custom tank badges out of aluminium from sand casting.. If you want to help..($?). we can make moulds for your medallions too and cast them out of aluminium.. and polish to a shinny glow.. =) might look pretty slick?

Im down... Are we making custom badges or are we making unique ones? Who am I kidding, Im in either way...

well.. for starters.. I was going to make copies of the originals... but once we become masters.. we can make some one offs? =)

RustyOlive said:
well.. for starters.. I was going to make copies of the originals... but once we become masters.. we can make some one offs? =)

I did some casting with sand a few years back, I am in...
When are we meeting to take a crack at it? Monday night? Are you in the city yet? Did you know Toronto used to be called "Nasty York"? Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Toronto-Slice

Nasty is right!!! LOL
wait!!! you said you were a west coaster too right?? where were you from again?

i don't know about monday night.. have to play it by ear..
maybe you can teach this guy a thing or two about casting.. lol
a friend just told me when can make our sand with fine sand and old motor oil.. LOL

RustyOlive said:
Nasty is right!!! LOL
wait!!! you said you were a west coaster too right?? where were you from again?

i don't know about monday night.. have to play it by ear..
maybe you can teach this guy a thing or two about casting.. lol
a friend just told me when can make our sand with fine sand and old motor oil.. LOL

I moved to Toronto from Vancouver about 1.2 years ago... Original from here though, lived in B.C. for work for a few years. That would work, it needs to be tight and thick, you have to pack it in blocks, thats the best way to do it, make a case out of wood, then fill each side of the cast with sand. I know the process.

ah yes.. coming back to me.. we shorta talked about that..

i've been watching a few youtube vids and reading up on casting.. i think i have it figured out.. i wasn't sure about the sand mixture at first.. but i think i've got that down now too.
Guess I need to build a foundry (I think thats what they call it? LOL = furnace)

RustyOlive said:
ah yes.. coming back to me.. we shorta talked about that..

i've been watching a few youtube vids and reading up on casting.. i think i have it figured out.. i wasn't sure about the sand mixture at first.. but i think i've got that down now too.
Guess I need to build a foundry (I think thats what they call it? LOL = furnace)

You know when two guys have a rough idea and access to you tube... Shits going to go down!

Today I got my Nickel Plated 'bits and pieces' back... Look amazing! I cant wait to put this thing back together. I will post a pic of the parts all nice and shiney once I have a chance to unpack them all!

-Slice

this thread needs more pics..

Slice said:
Today I got my Nickel Plated 'bits and pieces' back... Look amazing! I cant wait to put this thing back together. I will post a pic of the parts all nice and shiney once I have a chance to unpack them all!

-Slice

Where did you get them plated?

Need some parts nickled for my old ducati.

Ethanol said:
Where did you get them plated?

Need some parts nickled for my old ducati.

And I need to get a TZ race frame replated. The old plating is getting worn and rust is breaking out. I'd like to get it stripped and plated and maybe clear coated in powder. That assumes my modifications don't cause more cracks in teh frame of course.

teazer said:
And I need to get a TZ race frame replated. The old plating is getting worn and rust is breaking out. I'd like to get it stripped and plated and maybe clear coated in powder. That assumes my modifications don't cause more cracks in teh frame of course.

Got hem plated at Mayfair Plating - Its on Carlaw (on the east end of Toronto) 700$ for about 25 pieces or so... Really really clean work!
I dont have a camera to post with but I think rusty is going to come by this week so he will snap a few pics so you can see the parts. This guy is good for sure though, or you can go through a new shop opening at queen and bathurst in Toronto, those guys can get you a good price I hear.

-Slice

sorry I didn't get over tonight brotha!!
this inspector dude took way to long.. only to tell me the oil tank needs to be replaced. thank god its not winter yet.. HAHAHAHA

so.. hows the Mint company over there? LOL

RustyOlive said:
sorry I didn't get over tonight brotha!!
this inspector dude took way to long.. only to tell me the oil tank needs to be replaced. thank god its not winter yet.. HAHAHAHA

so.. hows the Mint company over there? LOL

Hey bro,

The mint is good, starting to print my own coins soon enough! ;)
Im going to be running around tonight until 8pm or so (picking up that plasma cutter from a friend).
I will give you a ring when I get back in tonight to see if you wanna come by and snap a couple pics!
I picked up a new lomography camera, its so sweet... we should snap a couple pics of your bike with it... Old school looking pics!

-slice

hahahaha... dude.. I have;
lomo fisheye
dana
Holga 120mm
yashica-mat 120mm

what can I say? I'm a camera man.. I always have a few camera kicking around... lol

I shoot mostly film.. I use my canon rebel when i'm lazy and don't wanna think.. lol. kidding..
but yes.. lets shoot off some rolls..or digi's.. i'm always up for a snap'n some frames =)

Re: Project - "Bush League" 1966 HONDA 305 DREAM *Picture update*

So Rusty Olive came by a few days ago and shot a bunch of pictures of my progress... I will be reassembling in about 1 week, here are some pictures of the parts kicking around the house:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rustyolive/

Some pretty nice stuff!!..

Wasn't there a cool little 305 in here somewhere?

This thread's like a giant text message stream ;)

mysta2 said:
Wasn't there a cool little 305 in here somewhere?

This thread's like a giant text message stream ;)

hahahaa... Kinda what I was just thinking... Needs more pics!!..

Back
Top Bottom