All Illinois/Chicago/General Area people sign in here !!

Good to have anther rocker in Chicago !
Make sure you get yourself and that scoot out this summer !!!

1. Name - Cody
2. Location - Elgin, IL
3. Rides - 71 Honda CB350 4
4. Club Affilation - nada

Just picked this up for $350, looking forward to riding with you all.

Pics:

-SD

Nice deal! Looks like an interesting aftermarket exhaust. Do you have the sidecovers?

Does it run or close to it? Anytime you can snag one of these for $1/cc you're doing well.

$350 for a great motorcycle. Makes crap like this look rediculous:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40089000

Cody,

Great looking bike ya got their.
Make sure you come out to one of our weekly events this summer and show it off !

The 450 is inching closer. Working on the foot controls now, but its running and hopefully I'll have it ready to ride soon. Stopped by the Continental Monday night on the 748, but I didn't know anyone and noone said a word to me.

nine16 said:
Stopped by the Continental Monday night on the 748, but I didn't know anyone and noone said a word to me.
I thought that was you (but I want sure).
Great looking Ducati ya gots their, and sorry for not sayin hi to ya.
If the weather holds this coming Monday make sure you come out and find me, I am the one
with "Joe" on his jacket ;D

My CB450 is up for grabs if you want a complete/finished bike.
If not - look around on craigslist...

1.Joe
2. Elgin
3. got a bunch of bikes... my main ride is an 06 st bob.. two jeeps, boat, anything else i can get my hands on wiht a motor!
4. Lite Em Up Customs
2pq80ee.jpg

jhfqd4.jpg

205pcle.jpg

b69es5.jpg

2ajo0va.jpg

2yklz11.jpg

What's going on! Wow, I'm happy to have stumbled in here...lots'a great bikes and like minds, it seems.
I'm Gene, I'm in the Palatine/Rolling Meadows area. I putter around on a '77 XS360 that I just love to pieces.
So far I haven't done much to her. Other than some minor shit (cut up the front fender, reversed the handlebars), the only real mod was when I put an electric knife to the seat foam, shaving it down a bit. I spied some posts here of members fabricating butt-stop seats out of gas tanks. Wow, cool shit, quite impressive. I'm hoping to pick up some pointers here on stuff like that.

Anyways, here's the ol' girl:

Hey all,
Mark Kruk
Park Ridge IL
I ride a '75 Honda CB360t Cafe Racer (project phase), and a '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50 for when I need to go long distance/bad weather/need a bike that won't run into problems 1/2 way :D
I am a member of Riding Illini and Chicagoland Sportbikes under the same name

DSC03556.jpg

DSC02582-1.jpg

1. Mike
2. Schaumburg, IL
3. 1989 Honda Hawk GT, 1971 Honda CB350, 2004 Honda CRF50/BBR 88,

ProTeal55 said:
Great looking scoot ya got their Glaz.
Also dont forget to check out the Half Fast Chicago forums for more
of a Chicago based forum --->
http://www.halffastchicago.com/forum

Thanks man! Yeh, I checked out the website before, will post an intro on the forum there sometime.

The other day, saw a dude rolling down the kennedy on a blue BSA racer, rockin' a long ponytail. One of youz?

1. Boomshakalaka

2. Evanston

3. bought my first bikes just over a month ago with a friend. The plan was for us to each build one, but its mostly been me alone in the garage. They were a pakage deal of non running cb350's, all of which turned over. The deal was for 600, but I accidentally dipped into motorcycle cash when I grabbed a snack on the drive down to indiana, and the PO was cool enough not to make me run to an atm. So 3 cb350's for $580! Before and after getting them I started to winterize my garage. Its completely insulated now and has a propane heater installed by me. Im making some slow but steady progress on building one of the bikes. Hopefully Ill be on the road by sometime next summer. I look forward to riding with you guys!

Some pics of the bikes.

on their way home. Yep, thats right, strapped to the walls of a uhaul truck. Everything went well and Id do it again in a pinch, but needless to say I dont recommend doing this.
cafe011.jpg

me and the bikes
cafe018.jpg

this is how I chose which bike to build. Hint: check the trip odo
P1010026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom