www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: My Suzi T500 Project *New Video*  (Read 242395 times)

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: My Suzi T500 Project
« Reply #60 on: Feb 02, 2011, 13:54:29 »
Ok guys ,originally I was going to use my spoked Supermoto wheels but I am leaning more towards the wheels in the attached pics which are from a Kawi 650 ninja.  The Kawi rear rim is narrower at 4.5" than my spoked wheel which will help with the chain alignment (hopefully). 

I wish I had photoshop to do a mock-up.

Offline squirley

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #61 on: Feb 02, 2011, 17:15:12 »
Those are the same wheels that I used on my h1 build...
I have pics and measurements if you need them.

Offline LOCKARD666

• Keep 'er 'tween tha ditches!
« Reply #62 on: Feb 02, 2011, 18:52:39 »
not to get off subject, but what is the bike with blue forks in the background of your frame gusset pics?
It's better to wake up dead, than not wake up at all.

Offline zooke581

• Sundial Moto Sports
« Reply #63 on: Feb 02, 2011, 19:40:56 »
Those wheels look nice.  Until something different comes along I like I will be using 3 spoke GS500 wheels at 3.00 front and 3.50 rear.  Don't really want to over tire it.  On my GT750 I am using 3.50 front and 4.50 rear.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #64 on: Feb 02, 2011, 20:11:42 »
not to get off subject, but what is the bike with blue forks in the background of your frame gusset pics?
That bike is a 1960 Greeves Scottish (250cc) trials bike.  I restored it many years ago with my dad back in England.  He had it it shipped over here to California for me.  It has leading link forks and a cast "aluminium" frame section.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #65 on: Feb 02, 2011, 20:14:16 »

Those are the same wheels that I used on my h1 build...
I have pics and measurements if you need them.
That would be great and would help me a ton.  Incidentally I have looked at your h1 build and that is a sweet bike.
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2011, 20:44:24 by johnu »

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #66 on: Feb 02, 2011, 20:22:52 »
Those wheels look nice.  Until something different comes along I like I will be using 3 spoke GS500 wheels at 3.00 front and 3.50 rear.  Don't really want to over tire it.  On my GT750 I am using 3.50 front and 4.50 rear.
I agree that it will be far more tire than is optimal but it will not be to much of a hinderance.  I think it'll look good with the wider rim and tire considering the swingarm I am using. 
I have a question for you; the rear motor mount in my crankcase is wallowed out and the bush that goes in there just falls out, have you heard of a way to repair it?  I assume the case would have to be machined out and a special bushing made to suit.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #67 on: Feb 02, 2011, 20:46:51 »
Here are the sa pivot brackets welded in.

Offline 50gary

• Under the Limelight
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2011, 21:29:56 »
I agree that it will be far more tire than is optimal but it will not be to much of a hinderance.  I think it'll look good with the wider rim and tire considering the swingarm I am using. 
I have a question for you; the rear motor mount in my crankcase is wallowed out and the bush that goes in there just falls out, have you heard of a way to repair it?  I assume the case would have to be machined out and a special bushing made to suit.

I would fill weld it (T.I.G.) then re-bore it to original size with new bushing.
  Cheers, 50gary
Short track speedskating, cycling, guitars, motorcycles, juggling dynamite. I was born to laugh at Tornadoes.

Offline zooke581

• Sundial Moto Sports
« Reply #69 on: Feb 02, 2011, 23:17:36 »

I will be using GT750 bushes in my T500.  It will drastically cut down on fibration.  You will need to push out the old bushes and drill the holes larger.  The spacing will also be somewhat wider but easy to overcome.