My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

looking at this bike takes me back to the late 70's on an rd350 lane splitting like a maniac with AC/DC problem child playing in my head ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY9H0s5sph0

John, outstanding work and design, well worth the effort and for 'us' in the gallery the waiting for the completion. Is there a front fender in foreseeable future. Where do we sign up for rides?
Cheers, 50gary

Nothing short of freaking amazing combination of awesome craftsmanship applied to a neat mix of genres. A genre bender if ever there was one.

I need to improve my game. :)

Just read thru this whole thread,cant see how i missed out on this AMAZING BIKE! 8) 8)
You got my botm vote for sure!!

Thanks for all of the kind words :) Also thank you to all those giving advice and encouragement during the build, you guys probably saved me some serious headaches with some of your suggestions. For sure right at the begining of the build Richard (Teazer) suggested that I take a deeper look at the geometery I was hoping to achieve and how I was going to get there. It turned out that I could get what I wanted just by playing with swingarm angle and pivot point along with shorter forks (instead of cutting off the steering head and rewelding it). Also thanks to Teazer for a lot of technical help on the exhaust design. Eric Kalamaja of sundial motorsports for the porting (still to be tested) and tech info on the engine. Junior pushed me towards polishing the alloy tank and seat instead of painting it (I am not a bling person typically but I am now glad I polished the alloy). Gary for confirming my desire to use modern suspension and modern sportbike geometery. Roc City for info on building my alloy tank. The rest of you guys (you know who you are) that had better ideas than I did for certain things.

Hoping to test ride the thing tomorrow if the rain lets up, will get more video too! My son is home on leave from the Navy and he is itching to ride it, he started this thing with me almost 3 years ago. When she runs well enough I will get it out to a trackday to see if I can kick some sport bike booty ;)

I love it its gonna make a great banner. I predict back to back smokers

Been a month since I was last on here, holy hell that is gorgeous!

Money shot ;)

Attachments

• finish 1 small.jpg
    finish 1 small.jpg
    693.3 KB · Views: 319

AAAaaaawesooome photo. 8)
Made me a new desktop.

Ready for TV. Super cool. Ride report card due soon.
Cheers, 50gary

Well I am in the botm competition so I would apprecaite your votes if you like the bike!

Attachments

• Finish Rear small.jpg
    Finish Rear small.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 1,104

johnu said:
Well I am in the botm competition so I would apprecaite your votes if you like the bike!

i predict a botm win in your future john, sweet build. out of interest where did that taillight come from? i was looking for a similar unit for my build but couldnt find one with those dimensions, ended up with something a bit different that is sort-of what i wanted

bobminkwell said:
i predict a botm win in your future john, sweet build. out of interest where did that taillight come from? i was looking for a similar unit for my build but couldnt find one with those dimensions, ended up with something a bit different that is sort-of what i wanted

Thanks. The light came from your friendly ebay!

Back
Top Bottom