Anybody going to Isle Of Vashon Ride?

YogiBear

Over 1,000 Posts
Is anybody from DTT heading to Vashon island for the vme Isle Of Vashon ride? I'd love to meet up with some fellow forum members.

That ride is for VME club members. They keep the ride date unpublished for that reason.

I wasn't posting to find out the date. I know the date and am going with a few buds with cafe and vintage bikes. I posted here to hopefully meet up with a few fellow DTT members.

I'll be heading up there from the Portland/Vancouver area. Hope to go with a couple friends, but noone has committed yet.

Know of a place someone could throw a tent if they wanted to head up Saturday ?

I'm a VME member, R90S, and all DTT members are my +1s.

IndieSol said:
I'll be heading up there from the Portland/Vancouver area. Hope to go with a couple friends, but noone has committed yet.

Cool. :) I can't think of any place off hand to campout. Hmm. It would be cool to meet up with you.

IndieSol said:

I've got a big fenced in yard and a garage- you're welcome to camp here. Nice 13 mile ride to Southworth ferry from my place. (VME member too.)

Thanks, Joe. I'll see if I can make Saturday work and I'll let ya know.

PM me your number, JK and I'll drop you a text when I'm in the area.

Completely agreed. The Vashon run alone is worth the membership fee, and it's the only reason I joined to begin with. That being said, I've met some great people and seen some great deals on projects in the newsletter. I'll take advantage of one of those at some point....

jk333 said:
Is anybody from DTT heading to Vashon island for the vme Isle Of Vashon ride? I'd love to meet up with some fellow forum members.

I'll be out there too. I finally got my bike running reliably. I'll find your bike and shoot the breeze.
Matt AKA thirsty

I'll be there with some other guys for sure, catching the Pt. Defiance ferry Sunday morning. Come say what up if you see us.

haha...The baffle fell out of my muffler the other day. I thought I had jets the next size up to compensate, but I don't. I'm scrambling to find some before I leave on Saturday.

IndieSol said:
haha...The baffle fell out of my muffler the other day. I thought I had jets the next size up to compensate, but I don't. I'm scrambling to find some before I leave on Saturday.

oh no, hope you can make it.

I'm still coming...my bike may not be jetted quite properly, but I'm coming. I also got my hands on a mac muffler from a friend yesterday that I'm going to try and make work. Not leaving until a bit later this afternoon anyways.

Cool, the TT is probably the best ride of the year, IMO. If you guys are around Tacoma this evening around 6pm some of us will be getting dinner at E9 or Masa on 6th avenue then some beers at my place afterwards.

Shoot me a pm with cell and I will get you my number if interested.
IndieSol said:
I'm still coming...my bike may not be jetted quite properly, but I'm coming. I also got my hands on a mac muffler from a friend yesterday that I'm going to try and make work. Not leaving until a bit later this afternoon anyways.

I'm headed down to Seattle tonight and Vashon tomorrow to check things out (from Vancouver, Canada). If you see this bike say hello!

And if anyone has a spare couch, definitely say hello! Looks like my buddy that lives there is out of town.

clubman2.jpg

I'm out :mad: . My starter went tit's up and I wont have a replacement by the morning so I'm screwed.
Sucks but I'm not gonna push start the bastard all day! I'll have one by the next backfire nite in Ballard on the 21st.

Take lots of pics.
Later
Matt in Tophat

Back
Top Bottom