Anyone in Australia have a 8AG 20A fuse

sham

Been Around the Block
Hi,

Does anyone have one of these? I'm using a 3AG at the moment just to make sure things work, but haven't managed to locate an 8AG anywhere. My ignition arrived way quicker than expected (for anyone who remembers, yes the seller did send to me directly for no additional costs) and I really want to get my hands on one of these fuses so I can try and start her up.

Tips on where to get them would be appreciated too - I don't really have the patience to wait 2 weeks for it to come from the states and $35 for 10 seems a bit too pricey for now, especially when I just need 1 =(

Thanks.

Do you mean 3AG household type fuse or the generic glass tube fuses? 3 AG can cover a rnage of volatges and current ratings and can be slow blow or fast reacting.

If I had any issues with an old fuse, I'd replace the holder with a waterproof blade fuse type rated at say 30 amps.

I'm just using a standard 3AG glass fuse. I'm not sure if its the household type one or not, but its the easiest type to get around here - all the auto shops and electric stores have them. The issue is its bigger than my fuse box. I found out that 8AG is the same as AGX, so found some on eBay for a decent price. How exactly does the voltage work? I can only find 20A ones at 35V, but the rest on the bike are for 250V?

And is it not better to stick to the original ratings? I thought say the 20A is the max that can go through the "system" and if it goes over, the fuse blows and protects all the parts. If i go 30A wouldn't I run the risk of frying something?

Ah that would have probably been easier than finding a fuse to fit. I've ordered the 20A 35V fuse but so I'll wait till the others blow out to change it. It's in pretty decent condition otherwise. Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom