Holidaying in Texas!! What to do???

Dirty1

I coming to the US from Ireland between the 8th an 22nd of Oct and I'll be travelling around Texas, mainly in Texarkana visiting relatives but I'll be travelling around too, to Dallas, Austin and where ever I decide to go!!!

Im looking for stuff to do , places to visit, Im a petrol head so anything Bike or Hotrod related would be cool!

One place on my list is Austin seed shop but after that Im lost, I did So-Cal 2 years ago but that was easy to plan, I whe everywhere from Moon, West Coast, Exile, So-cal, Barry Whites, Troy Lee, ProCircuit and even to ok in swap meets and The Sand Sport show!!

So help me out, what has Texas got to offer a guy into Old VWs, Rods, Dirtbikes an Cafe/Rocker/Rockabilly!!!!

Is there any Flat track racing, Id love to see that, or are you all Cowboys?

Thanks,

D1

I live in Fort Worth, and have a few ideas for you. We are all cowboys at heart!

I have a good friend who plays in a great rockabilly band, they are playing in dallas
Friday October 14th, 7:30pm at Obzeet Restaurant & Tropical Bar, 19020 N Preston Road, Dallas
www.droptoprockets.com/

There is a good swap meet coming to Fort Worth on oct 22 at LaGrave field

If I think of more, I will update. IF you are looking for places to eat -- I can help you out there as well, as there are no shortages of good places around DFW (Dallas-Fort Worth)

You will find plenty of things to do in Austin.

A few of us in Dallas get together on Wednesdays to eat and go to Amsterdam Bar.

I fly back on the 22 so I'll have to miss the swap, but anything you guys think of in the next 2 weeks would be appreciated!

Thanks

I you're in the fort worth area on Saturday the 15th, come hear my boy, Guthrie Kennard, play. I'll be on bass that night. It's at the Wild Rooster. There's going to be a film crew recording us for a show called "troubadour, TX". The more the merrier.

Just checkin back in, I just arrived in Dallas tonight, but unfortunatly too late to drop by the Amsterdam bar, plus my GF booked our hotel a little too far out town we're staying in Allen tonight!

We were in Austin on Sunday/Mondat nd saw alot of Cafe bike around South Congress, A Red New Bonnie, and a Black one, 2 CBs and smaller single honda and twice I saw URAL outfit!! Made a change to all the Harleys Ive seen everywhere in TX.

Unfortunatly we headed to Fredericksburg for Tuesday night, just after I dicovered there was a local meet at Doc's on South Congress that night!

Back
Top Bottom