CB175 Brake Light issue.

Torton175

Yesterday I installed my new set of clubmans and went through the nightmare of running the cables internally. It looks great, but now I'm noticing some weird problems with my electrical system. Mainly, when I pull my front brake the brake light doesn't turn on. It does however work when the headlights are on and the rear brake makes it work every time. I'm so confused!

Also, my turn signals are not flashing or are flashing really slow. I assume I just need a new flasher relay? Is that something that's easy to get ahold of?

Better get a voltage and ohm meter and start tracing your lines. Something must be crossed or shorted. Might want to reconsider not hiding the lines, easier to troubleshoot. Try ebay or J&P Cycles for the flasher.

Hold off on that relay- is the battery fully charged and the bike running? That can cause those symptoms. If you do need a new one, they sell ones that work at most local auto part stores.

first thing to do is jumper the front brake light switch wiring to eliminate switch....then ck power at sw and then return continuity to other switch or wiring for b/lt.....
joe@vcycle

Back
Top Bottom