www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: cb200 back to the cafe "lola"  (Read 56647 times)

Offline MickyC

cb200 back to the cafe "lola"
« on: Nov 18, 2011, 02:58:29 »
Hay guys being fairly new to the forum  thought Id send a shout out just say that this site has a Ton of great builds and awesome information that I have been just soaking up, keep it up cause Im fairly new to doing up bikes and its a great leg up.

Which leads me to my little predicament. I have just been given  a 1974ish something cb200 and am stuck as to what to do with her, she is in fairly good condition and want to keep it retro looking I am thinking of powder coating chassis wheels fenders black, reconditioning engine, 2 into 1 exhaust, and new lights due to cracks etc,  lower bars and re doing tank blue with pads.

Any help or thoughts as to whether I do a cafe build or keep it like above (slight renewing it) let me know, I know she will never dominate the track but it is mad fun cruising with the girl on the back and I love the old school CB style.

Offline MickyC

Re: newbie cb200 build
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2011, 04:46:58 »
just got tank back from powder coating

Offline MickyC

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2011, 05:00:15 »
few little pics of bits i have had ordered and hanging around thinking of putting on the bike

Offline cafePete

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2011, 15:25:49 »
 Very nice blue!
 Good luck with the build!

Offline MickyC

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2011, 19:57:34 »
Very nice blue!
 Good luck with the build!

thanks mate, its actually a powder coat Im stoked at how well it came out. I have just got a heap of stuff on order for now as Im in desperate need of garage/space to tear the bike down and start getting into the good stuff.

Offline riotten22

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2011, 13:04:08 »
Hay guys being fairly new to the forum  thought Id send a shout out just say that this site has a Ton of great builds and awesome information that I have been just soaking up, keep it up cause Im fairly new to doing up bikes and its a great leg up.

Which leads me to my little predicament. I have just been given  a 1974ish something cb200 and am stuck as to what to do with her, she is in fairly good condition and want to keep it retro looking I am thinking of powder coating chassis wheels fenders black, reconditioning engine, 2 into 1 exhaust, and new lights due to cracks etc,  lower bars and re doing tank blue with pads.

Any help or thoughts as to whether I do a cafe build or keep it like above (slight renewing it) let me know, I know she will never dominate the track but it is mad fun cruising with the girl on the back and I love the old school CB style.

If I can find a CB200t I am going to be doing something like this

Offline sbaugz

• DTT BOTM winner
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2011, 19:47:02 »
saw that one on ebay not too long ago. Nice bike except the seat is too short and squat for my taste. Wish is were a little lower and about 8 inches longer.

Offline Ritz cracker

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2011, 21:06:48 »
nice 200 anyone know who makes that fairing?

Offline MickyC

« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2011, 21:17:41 »
that cb200 does look nice there are some guys in south Australia doing a great looking build as well:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=18412.0