New Barn find... Kinda

Crash

Crashing is a way of life
So I just got ahold of a 1974 Cb200 T that sat for over 30 years in a barn. The Kinda comes like this. Found this bike over a year ago and the guy wanted $100. I did not need a new projedt at the time so I told the guys at work about it. Kyle bought it and could not get it running, So he sold it to Richard a month later. Almost a year passes and Richard brings it to me to see if I can get it running. I get it running (trimmed the plug wires and put in new plugs) and send it back to Richard. Two days later, Richard tells me that He does not have room or time for this bike anymore, so he GAVE it to me (Kind of a Birthday Present).

Needs alot of work, but I am going to do a mild Resto / cafe (Bars and Seat) and have a $700 budget for it. Should be fun.

Pics to Come

As Promised

Tear down starts today after work. ;D

Attachments

• Midge.jpg
    Midge.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 352
Started tear down. Anyone have any good advice on how the get the seized up screws out of the engine without stripping them?

Crash said:
So I just got ahold of a 1974 Cb200 T that sat for over 30 years in a barn. The Kinda comes like this. Found this bike over a year ago and the guy wanted $100. I did not need a new projedt at the time so I told the guys at work about it. Kyle bought it and could not get it running, So he sold it to Richard a month later. Almost a year passes and Richard brings it to me to see if I can get it running. I get it running (trimmed the plug wires and put in new plugs) and send it back to Richard. Two days later, Richard tells me that He does not have room or time for this bike anymore, so he GAVE it to me (Kind of a Birthday Present).

Needs alot of work, but I am going to do a mild Resto / cafe (Bars and Seat) and have a $700 budget for it. Should be fun.

Pics to Come

This is an SAT question?

Crash said:
Started tear down. Anyone have any good advice on how the get the seized up screws out of the engine without stripping them?

I've found that the right size screwdriver is most important. Also using an impact driver works on many of the frozen screws, just make darn sure you press good and hard on the screw and stop right away if it starts to strip. Soaking the hell out of them with PB Blaster or similar products goes a long way.

pb blaster and impact did it. I forgot I had an impact screwdriver and almost moved it out of the way to get to the pb blaster.

thanks

Crash said:

Gotta use an impact screwdriver. Spray the screws in WD-40 or something like that. Then get yourself an Impact screwdriver:

http://www.harborfreight.com/impact-screwdriver-set-with-case-37530.html

I used this on pretty much every screw on my KZ750 and worked great. If the driver doesn't work, soak it some more then heat it if it's still a problem.

Why are you stripping it down and what are you planning to do to it? The reason I ask is that without a clear plan, that budget could be eaten up with parts/work that's not too important. I'd start by getting things as clean as possible with it partially stripped and then come up with a loan and cost it out.

Start two lists. What HAS to be done - tires, cables chain etc
And what you would LIKE to do e.g. seat, tank, fancy paint job, bling, headlight replacement etc

It's a small bike but parts still cost almost as much as for larger bikes. Chains and tires are much cheaper though.

6387116265_d46b9cb381_b.jpg

All done for the night.

Stripping it completley down so I don't miss anything that needs to be replaced. Already made a partial lists of wants and needs. More fun than anything.

Wassup Doc.

Been awhile since I've posted, but I've been around lurking in the shadows. Got a new project started and just wanted to share.

Welcome back to the board, it's a bit more crowded here these days. Good luck on your new project.

A little more progress. The Shift Shaft was seized to the housing and it took me most of the day to get it lose. Cleaned the shaft and dremeled out the housing a little. Anyone know where I can get a gasket set for a 74 75 CB200T?

Cheap, but in England.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB200-CB200T-CL200-TWIN-TOP-GASKET-SET-DECOKE-/220887958875?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item336df2c55b#ht_634wt_1242

Thanks. But that is only te top end gaskets. I need the side cover (Clutch, Stator) gaskets.

Repainted the frame a Gloss Black and added a metalflake look to the engine covers. laid them flat on the ground and sprayed metallic silver paint in the air above them. Let it fall down naturally, looks killer. Tried taking pictures of it, but it is so light that all you see is black in the pics.

Started Unlacing the wheels to get them cleaned up for rechroming. Never done this before, so I am taking my time and doing alot of reading.

Back
Top Bottom