CB400F wiring - to trim or not

neevo

Over 1,000 Posts
Got the wiring harness off the bike and wondering what to do as a next step. There a large bundle located in the headlight which appears from my Haynes manual to be for all the instrument lights, indicators etc and another bundle located under the tank at the head stem which I assume is for all the handlebar controls (ignition, switches, starter).

Do I have that correct?

Is it worth keeping all of this? If so how are people running switches etc from bars with clipons? Looking for a neat and tidy look. Would prefer to keep all the functionality of the original bike where possible.

Any photos would be fantastic.

FWIW I am trimming my wires coming off my controls. I'm running clip on's and those wires are way too long (I'm keeping my stock control switches). I ordered a kit from Vintage Connections so all of the connectors will be as stock.

I would (and do) buy a bunch of wires, connectors, etc and re-wire with just the parts you need
That way you know exactly what is in there plus it's all 'new'
Cutting stuff up when you don't know what your doing may need 'repairs' which will be worse than the bundle of wires. Thde only things that can be removed with 100% safety are the light blue/white trace and orange/white trace as they are for running lights

Back
Top Bottom