Kz400 Wiring help.

crash1992

I'm currently working on a 1977 KZ400s3 and am looking to re-do the wiring. It looks like the PO decided to just replace, splice, and "Fix" wires with no real rhyme or reason. So I'm a bit lost.

I would like to make the wiring minimalistic because the bike is already kickstart only. I'm wanting a toggle switch for the headlight (Brights or off), brake lights, turn signals (at least rear, probably integrated into the rear break light), idiot lights (which I'll be changing to LED's), and speedo light.

I know the wiring diagram can be found Here. But being my first real motorcycle PROJECT, I'm a bit of a newby and confused by all the dots connecting and wires crossing etc. I know there is a "cartoony" wiring diagram for one of the Hondas floating around and was wondering if someone would help me out with one for my KZ.

Or if someone point me in the direction to decipher this diagram.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Awesome thanks, it's definitely a foot in the right direction. Although it'd still be really helpful if I knew how to read the diagram correctly too. When the wires in the diagram come to a dot does that mean they connect to a common wire?

Thanks again.

If you follow say, the green wire from the left front turn signal, it eventually meets another green wire at a dot and there are several other dots further down that line, where it looks like several wires meet one... Which doesn't make sense to me. And there are some other symbols in the stock diagram that I just don't understand.

i think you are seeing spots, old age probably, they call them floaters......................

the wires are twisted together and soldered normally at those junctions.

Back
Top Bottom