What are these wires?

sxecafe

You think the Carpet Pissers did this?
Im rounding third on my build and I am deep in to figuring out my loom. Seems like I got most of it figured out but I do have some questions, if anyone is so inclined:

The brown running light attaches in the back of the loom to the rear break but the front has no connection... Anyone know?

What are these wires?

ab7048f9.jpg

Black and yellow?
Brown and Blue?
Brown and White: high beam?

I have this for the fuse...

4558d9fb.jpg

but no female connection anywhere:

d2838da3.jpg

Where is this other side?

d611568b.jpg

Any insight would be awesome.

yea make model year etc would help...ha
it looks like a early cb with reg/rect seperate with a single fuse which i can see in the photo of the electrical panel assy- this may indicate a single fuse harness....................three fuse set up is for mid to later 70's cb's...i do not know the your bike history but did you get a box of parts your trying to assy or was the three fuses mounted ????????????
one last thing....that is brake not break.
joe@ vcycle

White/brown is from your tach light to the ignition. It should be on so long as the ignition is (along with your headlight and other stuff).

Blue/brown is for the turn signal buzzer. It's mean to make a noise when the turn signal is on.

Black/yellow is anyone's guess. That combo wasn't used on the stock CB550 as best I can tell.

Thanks, Sonreir. I got most of it except the blk/ylw. I guess it will continue to be a mystery.

Is it loose or is it connected to something? One of the ends should be hooked up to something, right?

I took a look. Maybe now that I have the other narrowed down it would be easier to narrow down. Diagram doesnt mention it at all.

Sorry... what I'm trying to say is to ignore the diagram (for now). Physically open up the switch assembly and see to which switch or button the wire is connected.

Back
Top Bottom