Avon Road Rider AM26 - Thumbs up!

Kuyarico

Coast to Coast
(this review was from July 2007)

Now that these tires are broken a bit, I thought I post my satisfaction with these tires. They are super grippy, quiet, and very smooth to ride on(wheels were balanced too). I paid $95 for the front and $110 for the rear. The price included installation. Kudos to Honda of Avon in Avon Lake OH. I had to pay extra for the tubes and belt(I guess that takes me down a speed rating). Sizes are 100/90/19 on the front, and 110/90/18 on the rear. My parts guy says that he uses them on the local road course on his 500cc Interceptor. Great Tires!

Here are some pics:

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

I use them for my ride as well I did a lot of research and found them to be for me the best of all things. little expensive as compared to other rubber but worth the money

looks like i will be purchasing a set of these soon. ive always looked at them as a possibility but it seems a lot of people on here have them and like them. the question is what size would go best on a CB200 i guess? 90 up front and a 100 or 110 in the back??

I bought the front and rear specific versions. I told the guy at the shop i wanted the AM26, but the price was actually MORE per tire. I thought it was supposed to be cheaper. ??? Anywho, I'm picking them up tonight. I'll post up what I think of them after I get the bike running.

I've been offered an Avon AM 22 and Avon AM 21 front and rear tires for $150 used. They've had some laps at the track and are mostly used on the sides from the corners and apparently have lots of life in the middle. "They would make good street tires" he's told me. I do trust the guy, but was going to wait until next Winter to buy tires, as I've spent too much this Winter already. He said the back was originally over $300.

Think I should jump on them?

I got an 18" Z1R front wheel I'm going to swap in place of my current 19" stocker, and it will need a new tire.

Thanks for the review.... need to get new rubber for the GS... these will fit the bill and the budget.

looks great. My Roadrider's just came in. Ordered 100/90x18 front 110/90x18 rear for my CB360t. Will get them mounted this weekend. Only heard good things about these AM26's. In my case I bought the universal tires.

I got the 100/90 18 front and 120/90 18 rear. This is gonna look KILLER on the little bike. One of my spare sets of wheels has a 120 rear and it looks dead sexy with that thick ass rubber on the back. Still fits nice in the swinger too! Will post pics after wheels are done and tires mounted.

rudy said:
I got the 100/90 18 front and 120/90 18 rear. This is gonna look KILLER on the little bike. One of my spare sets of wheels has a 120 rear and it looks dead sexy with that thick ass rubber on the back. Still fits nice in the swinger too! Will post pics after wheels are done and tires mounted.
The biggest importance is that they keep you shiney side up . ;)

I should contact Avon for some sponsorship - I think they've become the most popular tire on the board.

Tintin said:
I should contact Avon for some sponsorship - I think they've become the most popular tire on the board.

Hey, the Bridgestone S11 Spitfires are popular too. Survey time?

Well, I've mounted dunlops on my CB350F, but haven't run them yet. I'm Thinking I might just swap those rims into my new 360

(does anyone know that will work?)

I think that based on everyone's comments, my next set of rubber will be the Avons, as my dunlops cost a small fortune.

Herm21 said:
if you can get mounting done for free this place has the best price on the AM26 Roadrider, I got 100/90/19 for $69 and 120/80/18 for the rear for $71 and shipping is very reasonable.

http://www.tiresunlimited.com

So long and short... I paid WAAAAAAAAY too much for my Dunlop GT501's?

:D

I bought this set of Avon's for my CB750 cafe to replace my cheap Kenda tires. What a huge difference! I say Avon's are well worth the price.

So far these tires deliver. Even though I am still a pretty green rider and hav'nt really pushed them.

FYI: 100/90-18 front / 110/80-18 rear on a stock CB350 twin is as large as you should go. I had to really true the front wheel good so it wouldn't rub and put a small bend in the chain guard to clear in the rear. The big front gives a little slugishness to the steering at lower speeds. 90/90 front and 100/90 rear would be better.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom