www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: CB550K: Gutted.Cafe.NOS.Big Bore.Kick Only.  (Read 10896 times)

Offline Trad

I spent some time yesterday on the front fender. I wasn't planning on running a front fender but I thought I'd chop it shorter, shape the ends, bring it to bare metal and clear coat it. My next step will be to lower it so it sits closer to the tire. Once I get it mounted I'll decide if I want to run it or not. What's the most common method guys have used to lower the fender? I had an idea in mind but we'll see I guess.

Offline duggyb

• where are the skis?
Thanks! You lived in Edmonton, or close by?

Calgary Actually.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Offline Trad

You guys have like a way better custom scene down there. Both for cars and motorcycles. haha.

Offline Trad

Well, Benjie is pretty well done with the seat. Just needs to take care of some high's and low's on the alloy cowl but that's it. I am more than happy with the outcome. It was built exactly to my spec and he was super helpful the whole way through.

Especially digging the ribbed brown leather upholstery. I think that will go well with the green tank and should pop umoungst all the black and silver. I can't wait to mock it up with the tank.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2014, 17:15:12 by Trad »

Offline Trad

Re: CB550K: Gutted.Cafe.NOS.Big Bore.Kick Only.
« Reply #94 on: Mar 21, 2014, 17:14:31 »
Well, the seat is complete and Benjie will be shipping it off Monday morning. This is probably my favourite piece of this build. I was chatting with him and he incorporated my idea for the rear brace and seat mount together. So excited to receive it. The fit and finish looks amazing.

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2014, 00:44:19 by Trad »

Offline screemn2

Re: CB550K: Gutted.Cafe.NOS.Big Bore.Kick Only.
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2015, 14:30:21 »
great looking bike!!....looking for help on my build....1978 cb550k ...all stock except for the 4 in 1 exhaust  and plan on putting pods on the carbs that are bare right no with now filters...the bike will only run with the choke  on nearly completley full...i did change the jets from the stock 90 to 105 to compensate for the exhaust and pods...but still not running right ...timing set to spec ..valves  set to spec....starts first kick as long as choke is being held shut ....please any help will do cant figure it out for the life of me ...could it possibly be this bad just cause the carbs are bare ?....im lost on what to do next ....all exhaust temp are nearly identical when warm...