Back at it....this time with an 81 Suzuki GN400.

let me know what you think of that helmet and how low profile it is. I am looking at the black/grey/white union jack one to add to the collection.

GK

Where did you get your threadserts for the seat? Do you think just drilling holes and welding bolts onto it as a stud would work the same way?

And do you have any good pictures of how you mounted the electronics?

I got mine from McMaster Carr locally, but they're just 1/4-20 aluminum. You can buy a cheap tool and a selection of inserts from harbor Freight. I was just out of that size from my kit. Welding would work, but this was far easier for me and allowed everything to sit flush. The pic I [osted a few pages back is the best I have. I basically laid everything out off the bike, traced each compontent, then cut out a piece of velcro to fit. If the part had bolt holes (like the rectifier) then I bolted it on. Light stuff like the flasher relay is just held on by the heavy duty velcro. All the wires are taped and ziptied so nothing is going anywhere.

Some of you CA guys will know what a relief this is, but I finally got my plate/title today. Only took 3 trips to the DMV and one to the CHP to get it done.

C99777E8-15CA-47D5-B7AE-9FB52338AD1F-1866-000002F218D11B85_zps251d89a5.jpg

Very nice scoot man, I really love the seat and the overall proportions. Good job! So did you stick to your initial <$1000 budget? ;)

cierrecart said:
The rear is a Firestone ANS, the front is a Dunlop K70. I suppose they're both like a on/off road tire. This will only see pavement....I went solely for the looks. :D
F9528A0C-1B8A-439F-967E-75E84ABC57D1-4726-00000984A1E99E34.jpg

So where did you get those tires? Liking them since you've been riding them for a while?

Front is from motorcyclesuperstore, rear is from DCC. From my limited experience, they ride really nice. Fairly grippy, and plenty smooth too. Not something you want to be throwing into the curves at WOT, but fine for daily cruising.

Hey, on your GN, there should be 2 plugs coming from your magneto and a couple wires...and then there's a random red or pink wire with a female connector on it, where does it plug in on your bike?

So I've been trying and trying to get a VM36 working on my GN400 and I'm all the way down to a 15 pilot and it's still too rich. I gave up haha.

With your stock carburetor, and a pod filter/open exhaust, what jetting are you using? My stock carburetor jetting is causing my bike to shoot flames out the exhaust and all kind of cool shit. I want to get my jetting right lol

Stock pilot jet, but I went up from the 132.5 stock main to a 142. It runs fantastic, but it does pop quite a bit on deceleration, with the occasional nice blue flame too. Plug looks good...so its mostly the tiny muffler. If I put the stock can back on its really quiet with no popping/flames.

With your stock 132.5 did your bike pop and backfire like crazy when revving it? That's what mine is doing right now with a pod filter and open exhaust. I'm thinking I need a bigger main jet, or to put a washer or two under the needle.

EDIT: I just tried a 142 main and it is still backfiring and throwing fireballs out the exhaust lol

Yes, it still does it. :D I'm going to start upping the pilot a little to see if I can reduce it some, but I'm not too concerned with it. As of right now my plug looks good and the bike pulls hard through all the gears.

Back
Top Bottom