CB900 Custom Cafe CENTER STAND.

Bolshevik

OK guys, I am going to reconnect my center stand. I know, I know......but, I really want it so I can check fluids, drain oil, and make needed adjustments whilst the bike is LEVEL. I WANT my stand. OK, with that said, I have a FSM. It does not show how the stand is attached. Basically, I insert the rod through the bottom brackets WITH the stand in the middle. The foot step for the stand is on the rider's LEFT side. The original exhaust had an indentation in the megaphone for this. The argument here is this: My father in law and I were re-installing this stand. The END of the stand, I believe, will rest on the bottom of the frame once the stand is pushed down and bike is up. He says that the top of the stand (when folded up) must rest on the welded pads at all times. I explained the fulcrum effect, and told him the bike pivots on the rod through the brackets, and the ends are raised UP to the frame, to which he referred to me as a "stunad" (Italian for "idiot" LOL [and he's Irish]), and insisted that the ends remain affixed to the bike at all times. This appears IMPOSSIBLE. Please, does someone have a pic of how this goes together, or can explain in great detail?

Back
Top Bottom