Paint tank etc. without experience

andreas_boman@hotmail.com

Been Around the Block
Hi,

I am thinking about painting tank, sides, and fenders myself and would need the expertise by those that have done it before. What would be the best way of doing it, and would it be possible to have a good result without buying to much (as a spray painter etc).?

How to cover the tank etc. with layers etc?

There are hundreds of threads about this, including one (the "rattlecan..." thread) that gives step by step instruction from multiple, experienced members. I'm honestly not trying to give ya any grief here, but a ten minute search of the forum will give you more info than you'll ever need.

Read the first page of the rattlecan bling thread and you're ready to begin. You can do it, just take your time and don't start laying paint until your prep is perfect.

Or if you do spray before your ready than be prepared to sand a lot. I'm still in the middle of my painting over knee dents.

Over and over and over.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

VonYinzer said:
There are hundreds of threads about this, including one (the "rattlecan..." thread) that gives step by step instruction from multiple, experienced members. I'm honestly not trying to give ya any grief here, but a ten minute search of the forum will give you more info than you'll ever need.

Ok, thanks for taking the time! I'll look into it right now!

fresh_c said:
Read the first page of the rattlecan bling thread and you're ready to begin. You can do it, just take your time and don't start laying paint until your prep is perfect.

Perfect, thanks for the tip! Guess that prep. in crucial!

Back
Top Bottom