Triumph Flat Tracker tins - my first flake job.

I think this is what hes talking about. http://www.tcpglobal.com/AutoBodyDepot/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=MMM+6306&gclid=CNmP95SForoCFcZAMgodYxQAcw
Its all I have used for years. The blue stuff is to easy to stretch and gives inconsistent line widths. If your having trouble burying the lines in the clear. Give your project a few coats of clear, let set a couple of days. 600 grit the entire project and give it another 2 or 3 coats of clear. After a couple of more days, color sand until its smooth then buff. Should be the cats ass! ;)

Reviving an old thread with some updates... My buddy is wrapping up this tracker build... It should be wrapping up in a few weeks... Here are some partial assembly pics...

Engine for completeness... I polished the cases...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: Triumph Flat Tracker tins - my first flake job.

3DogNate said:
Got some clear coat over the panels today after work... Can get a better idea of the flake and color now. The decal is not buried yet, I'll sand back yet again this weekend and get the pins on it and clear until the decal is buried...

null_zps7a08fde3.jpg

null_zpse335f1ae.jpg

Looks fantastic, like stars in space! How many hours do you have into the painting?

HollywoodMX said:
Looks fantastic, like stars in space! How many hours do you have into the painting?

Probably 5-6 4hr sessions....

Back
Top Bottom