CB750 Tsuma

fly2devin

CognitoMoto.com
DTT BOTM WINNER
So I picked up this CB750 (frame and motor) a few months back. I want to make this one seat two so my wife can ride with me sometime. Hints the name Tsuma which means wife.

ve6e8yvu.jpg

adamuduq.jpg

I also picked up a GSX-R fork from eBay for $250 a few months back. It was a deal so I bought it.
gyhu3ytu.jpg

I have this CB750 tank sitting around from my CB550 build so I figured I'd use it on this one.
haba3aga.jpg

Don't have much of a plan at this point. I'm going to start throwing stuff on and see what looks good.

Had to subscribe, loved all your projects so far and can't wait to see what you have in store for this one.

What kind of work is needed for those forks to work on that frame? Is it pretty much the same as on your 550? I plan to do the same to my '73 750.

What is your plan for the wheels? I know that you have made that awesome hub conversion kit, do you plan on making something similar for the rear?

NagChampa said:
Had to subscribe, loved all your projects so far and can't wait to see what you have in store for this one.

What kind of work is needed for those forks to work on that frame? Is it pretty much the same as on your 550? I plan to do the same to my '73 750.

What is your plan for the wheels? I know that you have made that awesome hub conversion kit, do you plan on making something similar for the rear?

Not sure yet what I will do for this build. I picked up the bike and fork because they were a good deal.

I will be running the conversion hub but I'm not sure what size rims yet.

To get the GSX-R stem is to short to bolt on to the CB750 frame so I have designed a longer one to replace the stock GSX-R stem
ypyna3aj.jpg

Pre-orders for sale on the site http://goo.gl/hkdtHk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahh was wondering if the forks were a straight swap or not. watching this one!! ps my tsuma drives the car. Period ;-)

I received the dime city seat yesterday and mocked it up. Not sure why but it looks a bit long.
u5uregu4.jpg
anyqy3ap.jpg
yvy5a4ah.jpg

I also got my rim. 17" x 4.5". I loved the look on the cb550 so I think I'll try it again.
hyjezyru.jpg

CB750 Boxed swingarm with hidden oil reservoir. It's still in the design stage.

Holds the required 3qt, reuses stock oils lines, oil fill at the top and drain on the bottom.

y8a7e5a7.jpg

coyote13 said:
Looks like a great start. Do you foresee any problems with the oil tank being so low?

I don't foresee any issue but I've never tried it. Have people had issues in the past? I never found any.

Really just a question of curiosity, I imagine the high position of the stock oil tank helps feed oil to the motor. Wondering whether a low mount tank will have any adverse affect on the pump or anything.

coyote13 said:
Really just a question of curiosity, I imagine the high position of the stock oil tank helps feed oil to the motor. Wondering whether a low mount tank will have any adverse affect on the pump or anything.

It's not a gravity fed system; meaning that the pump is actually pulling the oil so hopefully not. I would think its like a wet sump system that pull oil up from the oil pan.

i think that seat looks great on there! and cool idea with the swinger doubling as the oil reservoir, excited to see how that works out.

Just out of curiosity: did you try taking the stem from the stock triple and using it in the GSX-R triple?

SpeedBump said:
To get the GSX-R stem is to short to bolt on to the CB750 frame so I have designed a longer one to replace the stock GSX-R stem
ypyna3aj.jpg

Pre-orders for sale on the site http://goo.gl/hkdtHk

Man, you keep turning out some impressive product! I was holding off purchasing your top clamp until I could work out my GSXR stem issue for my '78 KZ650, but it would be quite convenient if your stem worked on my KZ. Can you shoot me a couple dims on your stem so that I can see if it'll fit me?

Well given how your cb550 turned out I'm sure this is going to be an amazing bike! Keep us up to date man, I will be keen to track your progress

Finnigan said:
Just out of curiosity: did you try taking the stem from the stock triple and using it in the GSX-R triple?

I've seen one guy do it online and he had to heat and swell the end of the stem, enlarging it a few mm to press it into the GSXR fork. I'm not exactly sure how he did that since it appears to be one piece or welded in
2azaquje.jpg

RedBullEnema said:
Man, you keep turning out some impressive product! I was holding off purchasing your top clamp until I could work out my GSXR stem issue for my '78 KZ650, but it would be quite convenient if your stem worked on my KZ. Can you shoot me a couple dims on your stem so that I can see if it'll fit me?

PM'd. Let's try it!

Back
Top Bottom