Music to wrench to

sheerstatic

I'm sure there are already posts about this somewhere, but let's start a new one. I was inspired by DP Custom's instagram feed, where they are wearing shirts of bands they wrench to. Here are some artists/albums I am listening to while working on my project, or just working in general. These are more in the rock/folk genre. I'll do another post later of other genres if you are interested.

Ha Ha Tonka - Lessons

Leagues - You belong here

Little Hurricane - Homewrecker

Arctic Monkeys - AM

Eels - Souljacker

Foals - Holy Fire

Big Black Delta - Big Black Delta

Ain't No Rest for the Wicked - Cage the Elephant

Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters (yes there is a pun there, laugh dammit!)

Just about anything from Everclear

Every now and then I like some electronic so Glitch Mob, Daft Punk, C2C and Beats Antique if you're into that stuff

Ben Rector.

And the classics:

Def Leppard

Van Halen

Led Zeppelin

And then some older Linkin Park

Good topic man. Feels weird to work in the shop without music! I even have a playlist on my phone called Shop Music.

I prefer heavy/hard rock music. Anything actually that gets you pumped and motivated.

Nonpoint
RATM
Black Label Society
Korn
The Sword
Pantera
Tool
Hed PE
Machine Head
etc..

Saw Ha Ha Tonka open for Murder by Death a couple years back. Super cool band, and super nice guys. That is all. :)

VonYinzer said:
Saw Ha Ha Tonka open for Murder by Death a couple years back. Super cool band, and super nice guys. That is all. :)

Murder By Death! Great band man! Didn't know anyone else knew of them lol. I picked up their album on a whim when I was working at a music store. Been hooked since.

Montel Jordan - this is how we do it
Tag team - whoop there it is
Fresh Prince - brand new funk
Boyz to Men - motown philly
Cazzette
Tool - 46 and 2
Devil wears prada - goats on a boat
August burns red - leveler
Wet Willie - keep on smiling
90s alternative
Song remixes(electronic) of all genres make it to the speakers as well
Classic rock is heavy portion of my stuff
Abandon All Ships
Techno/edm/trance/dubstep

My collection is pretty eclectic.. And I enjoy "play all random"

-sent from sea via corked bottle

titan5699 said:
Murder By Death! Great band man! Didn't know anyone else knew of them lol. I picked up their album on a whim when I was working at a music store. Been hooked since.

See them live if you can. They were high in my list of favorites, until I saw them live. Now they may be number one. Amazing show.

May seem weird but I listen to a lot of classical in the garage. Chopin in there now. Also been listening to:
Murder By Death
London Grammar
Little Green Cars
Horse Feathers
Lower Dens
Junior Kimbrough
BRMC
The Civil Wars
The Kills

Volbeat
motorhead
manowar
BLS
halestorm
dokken
Iron maiden
dio
black sabbath

Could be just about anything depending on the mood when I show up at the garage. The most regularly played are probably...

Murder By Death
The Misfits
The Pixies
Eagles of Death Metal
Alice In Chains
Danzig
SLAYER!!!!!!!
Flogging Molly
Avett Bros
Motorhead
Wu Tang (they're for the children)
Ministry
System Of A Down
Tool
Deftones
Thin Lizzy
NIN
Skrillex
Waylon Jennings

And so on and so on...

Wayling Jennings huh? One of the captains on here listens to Willies Roadhouse on xm radio.. So I listen to that way old country until he gets off watch haha! Some of its not bad, some good, but others can put me to sleep up here on the bridge!

I see a lot of metal and heavy rock listed here, some hyped up fellas here! Haha, I laugh because as I'm writing this I'm listening to Stryper.

Cool that you listen to classical Troy, soothing and calm, helps think things through and not rush. That's why I like trance, usually it's mellow and doesn't have words so it's nice background music. Used it and classical when I studied for 2 months for my license tests.

Clutch

Arlo Guthrie and Prte Seeger

Clutch

Orange Goblin

The Black Family

Khatchaturian

Clutch

Steve Martin

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

Aesop Rock

Sage Francis

Clutch

Buckethead

MUSE

Dream Theater

Wu Tang

Umphreys McGee

Phish

Clutch

The Dillards

John Prine (this is important)

James Taylor

Busdriver

Bullfrog

Blu Rum 13

Mastodon

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAihDAJX8Ow&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlAihDAJX8Ow

Rich, I think you left out Clutch... Good band, ever heard of Black Label Society? They have similar sounding music..

Nice! I have some new stuff to check out tomorrow. Here are more from my iTunes. Also very eclectic tastes, everything from 90's hip hop to house/electronic to rock and everything in between. Also a fan of shuffle all most days.

Iggy Pop

Austra - Olympia

The Black Tibetans

Boards of Canada

Bonobo

Caribou

Dusky

Father John Misty

Generationals

J Roddy Watson

Back
Top Bottom