Carburettor Information

stroker crazy

crazy as a fox
Alan Vega said:
Btw I made a mystake about ooracing re-jet size:
- pilot jet is 48
- main jet is 97.5

Note that these are sizes for a carb with airbox removed and air filter (foam, KN style etc) fitted.
It works good on my bike with a straight-through exhaust but I'm still fine-tuning it.
I made the needle a bit richer and it improved the engine reaction. Please note also that on the stock carb there is no clip on the needle so you don't get the usual 5 positions. So you can make it richer by adding a small washer under it but there is no way to make it leaner if needed.
I also intend to try a 100 main jet as it seems in MY setup 97.5 might be a bit lean.

Maybe we could start a topic about owner's carb and jet combinaison ? Could be useful for other users. I for instance would be interested to know how big bore kits are jetted.
Could look like this:

OWNER CARB MODEL FILTER PILOT JET MAIN JET NEEDLE POSITION IDLE SCREW MIXTURE SCREW ENGINE EXHAUST NOTES
Alan Vega stock PZ26 metal cone filter 48 97.5 middle - 1,5 out stock 125cc straight through dunstall works fine so far

what do you think guys ?

An excellent idea from Alan!

I'm sure there will be many different carburettor set-ups, but a common thread will be a good place for people to find a starting point.

Crazy

Not sure if I can link a Google spreadsheet, but maybe setup a google address you can then share spreadsheet?
Anyone can then make modifications on the fly, and hopefuly only modify your own entry, has previous versions etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atz-6DUQtyqKdFNHa2pDRDBRMURQOG5TQXhNUkFWTXc&usp=sharing

if you can't get to my gdrive spreadsheet, here is my current setup - subject to modifications. :)

stephen Stock PZ26 stock airbox original 38/ooRacing 48 Original 90/ooRacing 80 not adjustable 2 out stock 125cc original - removed cat & 12mm hole in end

I believe my jet is blocked and need to shove something down it to clear it.. so was wondering the diameter if that makes sense

sounds as if your needle and seat may have some rubbish in it..if carb overflows. remove float pin and clean.reassemble and try?????

Did all that.. carb no longer overflows. However bike just wont start so thinking it might be a blocked jet...

have you tried spraying "start ya bastard" (ether spray.) into mouth of carby might be stale fuel.see if it trys to start on that. if id does splutter into life then carby jets are more than likely problem

try running a single strand from some copper wire, the multi strand electrical kind, through your main and pilot jet after you take them out of your carby. that should be fine enough and is softer than brass so it won't hurt the jet.

Are the ooracing jets just a straight swap for the originals? Do you need to adjust at all and test much (check spark plug), or are they just plug and play?

Just wanting to work out how long it will take first before I begin and risk of having trouble.

Hello, there doesnt seem to by a thread for newbies to say hello so thought i'd just chip in and say hello here and give my input.

Been going through all the posts about the Ace and now plan to get one as soon as I raise the cash. The bike wont be staying standard and cant wait to get stuck into it. Anyhoo the reason i posted on this thread first is that last year i was mechanic for a junior speedway rider and the engine we used was the same as in the Ace. when i took over the bike was in a sorry state missing and very under powered.

I changed the electrics to 00racing kit and changed carb to a Molk 26mm carb and 00racing FORCE R11 air filter, running a straight through cafe racer style exhaust.

the standard jet in the carb was a 105 but due to the free flowing air filter and very little back pressure i ended up running a 115 jet. the bike ran perfect, started every time which when i tell you i start it by putting it on paddock stand in third gear and just pop the back wheel by hand. I have had the bike on a rolling road and it had 12hp at the back
wheel. I dont know if this info will be of any help to anyone but i will be doing the same once i get my Ace, pretty sure i'll be on here a lot from now on especially when i start working on bike.

Well that wasn't too hard!

Only issues I had were getting the locknut on the LHS back on (little fucker) and I took off the throttle part (totally unneeded) to and the butterfly or whatever it's called I couldn't seat back in because the needle, but all sorted now.

Will do a testy later.

Well what can I say with the new jets....

Fucking amazing!

So much more oomph and no more popping on de-acceleration. What a difference that makes.

Back
Top Bottom