Guidelines

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
It's been 7+ years since launching the site, and I've avoiding 'rules' as much as possible, so lets call these Guidelines.

If you're posting something for sale - include:

Where you are
- too often people post things for sale and nobody knows if it's going to cost $10 or $1000 to ship the item. Knowing even roughly where the item is located helps prospective buyers decide if it's worthwhile. Like me being in Toronto and constantly tempted by awesome bikes for sale in Texas.

How much you want - if you've got something to sell you better know how much you want for it and be willing to say so.

Pictures- unless you're selling air, there's no excuse in this day and age to not have a picture. We even have a gallery so you can upload and host the picture here :)

For the peanut gallery - selling threads are not the place to debate the value or merit of an item being sold. If you don't like it, move along. Seriously - if I post my XS650 and ask $30,000 for it, and someone actually wants to pay me, please, LET THEM :D! The notion that keeping prices reasonable on our small little corner of the world will somehow impact global market prices for vintage motorcycles is bananas. If you want to complain about the appreciating value of our bikes, take your beef to eBay.

Last edited:
Tim

Well done for all your time and energy in this forum.

Is it possible in the search part that the for sale ads come in date order, latest first then descending to older postings?

Regards

Mick

Thanks for the answer Tim all I've got to do now is work out how to use or find the advanced search.
MickB

One more thing would be good to mention here:

Those selling on here are taking the trouble to post their items and pictures; when you send a PM and ask for info or additional pictures it sure would be decent of you'd at least write back after you get your reply! Even if you write back and just say, "Sorry, dude, that part won't work for me." or, "Can't do it, it's in worse condition than I expected." or even, "Sheesh, are you nuts? For what you are asking it ought to be gold-plated!" A reply of some kind would certainly be decent!

currently there is a member selling a bike on ebay, currently with bids on auction, with no buy it now option and they are offering it for sale here as well

this is unethical as fuck

It's been 7+ years since launching the site, and I've avoiding 'rules' as much as possible, so lets call these Guidelines.

If you're posting something for sale - include:

Where the hell you are
- too often people post things for sale and nobody knows if it's going to cost $10 or $1000 to ship the item. Knowing even roughly where the item is located helps prospective buyers decide if it's worthwhile. Like me being in Toronto and constantly tempted by awesome bikes for sale in Texas.

How much you want - if you've got something to sell you better know how much you want for it and be willing to say so.

Pictures- unless you're selling air, there's no excuse in this day and age to not have a picture. We even have a gallery so you can upload and host the picture here :)

For the peanut gallery - selling threads are not the place to debate the value or merit of an item being sold. If you don't like it, move along. Seriously - if I post my XS650 and ask $30,000 for it, and someone actually wants to pay me, please, LET THEM :D! The notion that keeping prices reasonable on our small little corner of the world will somehow impact global market prices for vintage motorcycles is bananas. If you want to complain about the appreciating value of our bikes, take your beef to eBay.
Tim, I like the cut of your jib with the guidelines and the peanut gallery. That stuff should be common sense but sense is not so common anymore. How is the snow up in Toronto? I still miss the Eaton Center and Young Street when I used to come up as a kid.

Snow sucks up in Toronto - I'm in South Carolina :) But I do still live up North, just spending 1/2 my time here on a work contract. 18 (celsius) and sunny here, and I have a BMW F800ST to keep me company.

I haven't read the guidelines in a while - maybe I need to freshen them up a bit, now that it's been almost 13 years since the site launched.

Welcome!

Snow sucks up in Toronto - I'm in South Carolina :) But I do still live up North, just spending 1/2 my time here on a work contract. 18 (celsius) and sunny here, and I have a BMW F800ST to keep me company.

I haven't read the guidelines in a while - maybe I need to freshen them up a bit, now that it's been almost 13 years since the site launched.

Welcome!
We lived in Charleston SC for 6 years, Miss it a bunch man. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom