Honda XL250 Motorsport 72 cafe brat

awesome you should be very happy
a safety issue is the front brake stay ,it is hard to tell but it looks like you may have it connected to the small tab in front,you need to use the backside lashup

Thanks Xb. It is a bit of an optical illusion, I don't have the front brake stay connected at all yet. I need to manufacture a new piece as the existing one is short by about an inch. I will use the rear mount though, cheers. I also still have to tidy up the rear end with a small fender to prevent the tire hitting the loop.....

cool man
as long as you are making a new bar there 2 things to think ahead about
cable routing and the uptimumlength bar
ideally for the bars best funcion it is close to 90 degree as possible going either side of 90 a bit is ok too far and the stay looses it mech advantage
on mine i prefer a brake cable routed much like a modern dirt bike has the brake line with slick plastic guides and the cable or hose right close to the fork wiper and secured there
instead of a huge loop at the bottom to act as a buffer to wheel going up and down
this only requires rotating tha brake panel forward and going a little bit past 90
it just a little detail thing that is trick looks very clean and tidy and i dont see others doing it

Thanks for the advice Xb. Fabricating is one of my weaker points so I'll keep those points in mind. Well. Took her for a little ride up the street today......hehe. Everything was as expected but it was a low speed run. Anyway, decision time and I'm interested in opinions from the masses. Two pics below; high to high exhaust and low to high. My preference is high to high but I'll see what you guys think.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 316
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 312
go low all the way low downpipe it and have the muff upswept by and ending above rear axle
it just looks too much like it was put on by somebody who isnt gonna be ridding the bike
its going to be constanly reminding you its there and burning you and trying to ride standing up wont be any fun , all bowlegged

Back
Top Bottom