$20 front fender...

Ribo

Twist the "go-go" side and hold on!
Hey guys,

Just wanted to show you want I did with this deal I got from ebay. $20 ($30 with shipping).

1981 Midnight Maxim XJ Front fender... was covered in 30+ years of dirt and grim that the PO had tried to paint a gold "go-faster" arch on... I was stoked when I got it cost I was expecting a few dings and dents but nothing, just dirt and bad taste...

Attachments

• mid-max-fender-front.jpg
    mid-max-fender-front.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 429
I power washed the thing and then scrubbed it with a lot of caustic oven cleaner and then wet-sanded it where it needed it..

Attachments

• IMG_2969.jpg
    IMG_2969.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 253
Did one coat of satin black as an undercoat - I got a little carried away on this coat but I was planning on wet sanding it back down anyway, just meant a little more elbow action...

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 237
One more coat - one more wet-sand - another coat and then a final clear coat and I'm pretty happy with the result.. looks band-new and can't wait to get it on the bike but I'm replacing the front brake like via the little rubber eyelet too so it's gonna have to wait a few days...

Attachments

• IMG_2979.jpg
    IMG_2979.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2978.jpg
    IMG_2978.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 222
After looking at it with the rest of the bike the paint was a bit too flat...too matte... I gave it a couple of coats of Satin black that I used on the rear brake drum and clear coated again and finally got it mounted... looks pretty good IMHO...

Attachments

• photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 380
Back
Top Bottom