'77 GS750 Simplified Wiring Harness

hayes369

I picked up a '77 GS750 and I am doing a brat style build, some minor stuff to get it going this fall and a full tear down this winter.

I ordered tracker bars, kung fu grips, DCC 1.9" speedo, TC bros ignition switch, and a headlight from amazon. I am in the process of stripping down the wiring harness from what I found in the manual that I got with the bike. I wasn't able to find a simplified version for my bike in the simplified wiring harness thread. I wrote one up and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on whether or not it will work. I am fairly new to wiring of this nature. I attached a photo (don't have a scanner) of the diagram I drew up

Attachments

• IMAG0569.jpg
    IMAG0569.jpg
    954.2 KB · Views: 1,159
I also have a 77 GS750, and just received my custom wiring harness from Sparck Moto, honestly, you should look into just purchasing one from him, it is absolutely beautiful, and he will make it exactly how you want it, worth every penny.

hey man, i have a '77 GS750 and just recently built a new wiring harness from scratch. I have a lot of pictures of the process and some drawings of my designed harness. I have a modern R/R, deleted the old redundant wiring, went to LED lights/electronic relay and changed up the way everything is grounded. Let me know if you end up making your own and i will provide this stuff. Just an FYI - this is my first time doing wiring on a bike and it was pretty straightforward - everything works well and no issues yet.

I am going to try and update my build thread with some newer pics and processes - i have done a lot of since my last update.

Goodluck dude!

Back
Top Bottom