koso speedo wiring

Schmeck750

If you can't buy it, build it.
Hey guys. Got this honda shadow spirit 1100 2002 from a local guy. Has a weird koso dl-02s magnetic speedometer. I seriously don't get this thing. It comes on blue and that's it. No numbers . Can anyone tell me about these things . The Po took all 4 wires coming from it and wired it to one power wire and one ground. Can post a picture if it will help , wire colors are brown,red,green and black. Has 3 more going to the wheel magnet.

Here's the pictures. Any help would be awesome .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    891.3 KB · Views: 506
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    748.8 KB · Views: 450
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 339
Upon pulling the wire seal back further found a purple wire and blue wire also. The green wire is the backlight but the others don't do anything when given power

Here's a link for the installation instructions: http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/instructions/BA555B18.pdf
Maybe they will help!

Thanks man I actually have that diagram but the problem is that I don't have a seperate yellow or gray wire. I have red, green, blue, purple,brown and black. When power goes to green the guage turns blue. When I put power to red and brown it does nothing.

Nope :/ been using information off the net. I get which wires are what on the harness. It's the wires on the speedo that there's no diagram for. Called koso and apparently this is not one of there products. Everything is identical except there's no yellow wire there is a blue and a green. Tried wiring it up like a koso and it doesn't come on but I do know that the green wire is the backlight to the guage. I'll probably just buy the stock speedo and get rid of this Speedo.

Back
Top Bottom