Ace new member

bluesmoke

Ace 125 & Yam Rxs100 UK
Hi im a new 125ace owner in the uk

I rescued my ace from a corner of bike shop ,

Hopefully making some improvements along the way.
IMG_20150411_125552_zpshywwtvls.jpg

atb phil

Thanks for the reply's guy's

ive ordered parts oo racing , so looking forward to sorting out asap..

didn't realise how much aftermarket goodies are available , not sure what to do 1st on the engine, I'd like to do things one step at a time so as to see what improvements are made.

I think to be on the safe side the tyres and brake pads are a definite starting point and maybe the gearing.

I spent most of yesterday undoing as many things as possible and greasing everything up , many of the bolts I will replace with the allen head type.

lucky for me everything has come undone with no nasty snapping bolts, seeing as its done 3,500 mls from new I was quite happy.

ive got the parts fitted now and had a quick run out on it, Happy to report all is good and what a great service from OO racing..

probably already spent to much but im loving taking it all apart and understanding what goes where such a enjoyable bike.

disconnected that damn side stand switch as well,

lots of good info on here, im impressed with all the modified bikes you guys have , plus the weather always looks much better ;D

anyway here's the exhaust I chose
IMG_20150424_152054_zps7nyvm6h3.jpg

very happy with how little it weighs and not restrictive like the black std thing
IMG_20150424_152133_zpsznpe3j9m.jpg

This thing must have really choked off the breathing , so narrow looking down the through header..

Other things to fit are
Egr blank plate
new pads in front
carb jet kit , need to remove carb some how. looks a bit tight to get out..
oh and plenty more copper grease to lube up..

report back soon

Yep it's heaps of fun.

For info on the carb check this out
http://thegoogleof.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/skyteam-ace-125-carb-rejet.html

If that is the OO racing pipe, you will probably need some silicon spray to help twist that graphite gasket on. It seems that leaving the header that length is the way to go from others posts. So exhaust pipe may end at back axle nut or beyond.

2b said:
Yep it's heaps of fun.

For info on the carb check this out
http://thegoogleof.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/skyteam-ace-125-carb-rejet.html

If that is the OO racing pipe, you will probably need some silicon spray to help twist that graphite gasket on. It seems that leaving the header that length is the way to go from others posts. So exhaust pipe may end at back axle nut or beyond.

Thanks for the heads up on the graphite gasket, bit of a tight fit that..

ive cut 3" off the header to help align the rear mount, I think its still plenty long enough and it sounds much better with a healthy response from the engine. At standstill at least...

IMG_20150426_170217_zpszj1qmild.jpg

IMG_20150426_170225_zpsf8aff95i.jpg

IMG_20150426_170248_zpsbt4pffqy.jpg

IMG_20150426_170236_zpscgosiorv.jpg

ive removed the egr and fitted the blank plate and the new jet kit which consisted of

No 48 pilot & 90 main jet to run with airbox that's what came from OO racing

what was fitted as standard No38 pilot & 90 main, now starts straight off the button with little or no choke.

will see now what it rides like, probably need to alter the front cog to maybe 16 tooth..

phil..

hey, I've got the same exhaust setup and earlier this week I made my own exhaust damper, because the one fitted in the slash cut exhaust still restricts the flow. Because it enters the exhaust damper pipe, exists from the side into the back chamber and enters from the opposite side again. Should have taken a picture... :)
Have you taken the damper out yet?
If you do, you can ride around without the damper, BUT it is deafeningly loud, especially your right ear, and you lose backpressure. But it's just insanely fun :D

bluesmoke said:
No 48 pilot & 90 main jet to run with airbox that's what came from OO racing

what was fitted as standard No38 pilot & 90 main
phil..

If anyone in confused about the jet size changes on the standard carb....

I am in midst of rejetting too. It seems to me that going from the original 38 3 piece pilot to the 48 one piece is not really a 10 size jump, as they are different constructions. It also seems that the OO 48 pilot is compatible with all Ace modifications. No need to mess with a size bigger or smaller, there is enough adjustment in the fuel mixture screw for changes of egr, air filter, exhaust, cc, etc.

On the subject of the main, it would appear that going from 90 to 90 would make no difference, but I believe the OO 90 is roughly eqivalent to a genuine Keihin 95. Different manufacturers use different sizes. For some the measure is do to with the flow and for others it is the actual hole size.

I have a few Keihin genuine main jets (6mm diameter round head, 8mm long, stamped with a K star) on the way as I am progressively opening up/upgrading my bike and so will step through 95 98 100 and ultimately 102 over time.

Those of you in the know, please correct me if I am off track here.

a short update chaps,,

ive been enjoying my little 125ace and had a good few short rides out & about..

few things have come to light,
1, everything needs a regular tightening up if its a little engine gets pushed to its limit :D
2, original tyres are crap
3, rear brake is woeful
4, suspension is a little on the squidgy & bouncy side

anyway , I still love it..

so im on with the wheels as im not keen on these spokes needing a constant checking over..

ive got a spare rear wheel that I had re-spoked and powder coated from a rx-s100 or rx100 known in other countries and with two extra washers it fits right in.

its got a separate cush drive as well and a new metzeler tyre

2004_0101june20150003_zpsc9h4rp6d.jpg

2004_0101june20150007_zpstaofi394.jpg

The wheel will be fitted tomorrow along with a new chain and sprockets , hopefully !!!

bluesmoke said:
its got a separate cush drive …

I will have to find one of those! A huge improvement on the CG125 arrangement.

bluesmoke said:
Decent rear shocks next I think..

Quality shocks and an inch of preload in the forks and things will feel much better.

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom