72 CL100, Piglet

Re: Re: Rachels, 72 CL100, Clean up

budlite282 said:
^^^^^^dayyyum^^^^^^^

Not bad for 2 minutes work.

sorta makes a guy wish the entire bike was aluminum. ::) For me polishing is fun, easy, LAZY and fast work...but then I am not putting a "show type mirror" on it either. That turns into work. I just hit em (5 minute sanding) w 320 grit emory then the red rouge, then white. If done my way. It dont seem to stay decent for but one season. Without some kind of coating.

crazypj said:
Hmmm, not going to say anything about hand jobs ;D

;D

adventurco said:
Looking good!

Pretty jealous of your clean parts pile. I did all the paint removal and stripping by hand on my 360. Dragged on foreverrrrrr (still have a couple of things to strip -__-) but I'm too cheap to pay someone $200 to sandblast all that crap.

Those LEDs are badass. I have a Lucas style tail light I'm looking to swap over to an LED. thinking of buying a cheap LED trailer tail light and swapping out the actual lights, will have to browse some of those links ^^

Thanks, thats the beauty of this "Motorbike-ing" hobby. It has gotten me out meeting all kinds of new and good people. Denny is a lifelong friend. he is retired and works (hobby) w a local farmer, they restore John Deere tractors together. He has spent his whole life riding Hondas. They have put together an amazing workshop.

Like my tire guy. I met him through another buddy, His dad owned a BMW motorcycle dealership years ago. He has all the tire equipment setup in his (shag carpeted) garage and rides Hondas. I mostly think he does tires, just to meet new people. He also did the tires on Bromz bike.
A great guy.

I will pick them both up gift certificates to the steakhouse in town. Neither one drinks beer. So, $50 gift certificates will go a long way w good dudes.

Ive meet a bunch of good guys through my little Honda(s).

speaking of...got the rest done after work this eve.

This little freakin build has been a whirlwind. Whats it been? just under 3 weeks and spent a 4 day weekend in Kentucky. Geesh. I am pooped out. Hopefully things will start to slow down a bit. So, I actually get some time to enjoy this project. :D

11494-010615201315.jpeg

Re: Rachels, 72 CL100, Clean up

Primer-ed
11494-020615202918-11631459.jpeg

fartin around w brake polishing.

11494-010615053130-11611225.jpeg

11494-020615202918-11652417.jpeg

Met Denny and Dana, (John deere restoration buddies) for coffee this morning.

2 hours later got these ready for paint. Just gonna do the engine in nice bright silver.

11494-060615100211.jpeg

Looks like a good day to paint. Lots of Sun.

End up going with walnut shells or soda? Looks good. I will definitely be blasting before disassembling next time

I did it w sand, important, OLD worn out sand. almost dust. and I kept as far off the surface as I could.
Plugged her up and protected seals as best I could. You dont want SAND inside engine or oil seals.

They didnt want walnut shells inside cabinet. I didnt ask why. They just laughed and said "No way"

It is what it is. If engine needs rebuilt and new seals this winter...so be it.

I figure theres a lot of guys riding bikes in the desert and on beaches.

trek97 said:
Primer-ed
11494-020615202918-11631459.jpeg

Seems to me I've seen that frame b4.......oh wait...............looks like mine: :D

Attachments

• P1040721.JPG
    P1040721.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 324

Getting closer...

Engine is going to get gloss clear over the silver.

Bout 12 coats of high build on the tank. Got to touch a few spots w the glazing putty. Then sanding, sanding and more sanding.

11494-080615191902-12291516.jpeg

Got the old lady on the tractor and busy mowing the back yard...

11494-080615192734.jpeg

Thought I might take a quick peek at these....OH YES!!! This just happened! 8)

I had to email dave quinn w pics and all measurements. Hagon had no specs for a CL100. LOL

He said "He had to look at pics of CL100s online to triple check they were really eye to eye! ;D

11494-080615191902-1230899.jpeg

Nice dude, looking good. Let me know how you like those shocks. I might have to grab a set.

Re: Re: Rachels, 72 CL100, Clean up

Looks good man, like those shocks too.

adventurco said:
You move fast.

Ha, seemed to go fast at the start...but this past week its feeling like Im crawling. Full time day job really gets in the way.

After a heavy sanding and hitting it w flashlight, found a few minor spots needing a light coat of "attention".

11494-110615182841.jpeg

Still waiting for the old lady to run to town and pick a color. ugh, I may be a stall over this.

Plan to get all the epoxy work done Saturday. Then install the new fork seals, wheel bearings etc...Start "some" reassembly. Ive had epoxy take 3-4 days to dry when its humid like this. :p

What kind of epoxy do you use? I've never had it take more than 24 hours to be fully cured. But I also use fast hardener.

Where yall from? We get the humidity up here in the northeast but it's only for a couple months.

just the appliance epoxy. It took days and days to dry on my 360 fork lowers. Then the headlight only took a day.

Central Illinois. Its been like crazy jungle humid here the past week. 82degrees and 65% here right now at 8pm. So not too bad...but this week hit like mid 91-94 everyday and STICKY. Ugh.

Saturdays forecast is a bit better. High of 86 w 86% humidity.

As compared to Phoenix, right now 98 + 12% humidity. :p

and bostons 32% humidity right now...you lucky dogs. 8)

Like I said, just a few months

It's a bit pricey but West system is all I'll use for epoxy.
www.westsystem.com
Sets up great and consistent , you have lots of options for cure speed, additives to make it a filler, high strength bonder, etc

I've built a few wood strip kayaks and the stuff is indestructible.

Ill have to look a little more at that epoxy.

adventurco said:
I've built a few wood strip kayaks and the stuff is indestructible.

Ha, wow, I got a good friend Tim Summerville builds wooden kayaks. Freakin beautiful wood kayaks. He hammered out the aluminum seat pan for my 360. I got some pics of a few of his kayaks Ill post some.

pics on my puter at work Ill get em later. ::)

He also does copper sculpture. I have bought a few of his hummingbirds...all I can afford. ;)
http://timsummerville.com/home.html

The reason I went to him for my seat pan. 8)

The sun is cooking the epoxy nicely. 83 degrees and 73% humidity...pretty good.

Walking on my patio is now like a trying to walk through a wind chime.

11494-130615110449.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom