Suzuki gt185 color scheme.

Hkg108

I'm hoping to build a cafe racer out of my 1975 suzuki gt185 but I can't decide on a paint scheme. Right now it's red, but I'm considering black and grey race stripe or pin stripe, black, with a white race stripe and gun metal gray pinstripes on the side of the white, black with red pinstripes, then my friend suggested gun metal gray with a beige race stripe and white on the sides of the stripe. What should I go with? Or do you have any other suggestions? I'll post pictures of my motorcycle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 499
Are you planning to race it or ride it around town? I would leave it alone, but also feel your pain... I have a GT550 in nice condition that I am asking way too much for but also only get really lowball offers, so I have been thinking of going full blown 80's style street fighter on it just for fun and to piss off the purists who shoot me low offers LOL

Think long on it or maybe not mod it with anything that cant be undone and save all the stock parts in tubs, might even look for some tins off eBay rather than paint yours. :eek:

Nah, I won't be racing. Just a bike to ride around town. I was thinking the same thing about not modifying the original parts. It would cost more to customize, but it'd be nice to be able to go back to original.

Yeah, the cost of building and owning an old school smoker may be more than heading off to the dealer and throwing down for a new 600 :(

Why would you want to chop up such a beautiful original bike? Why don't you keep that one original and find something beat to shit to build a cafe racer out of?

High On Octane said:
Why would you want to chop up such a beautiful original bike? Why don't you keep that one original and find something beat to shit to build a cafe racer out of?

This is exactly what makes me want to " chop up such a beautiful original bike"... Because it's his and NUNYA... Why don't you offer him a ridiculous amount of cash for it and back those words up with action?? The fact IS every time someone fucks up an original everyone elses IS worth even more... If everyone had a Tucker or a 70 Hemi Cuda... get it? I will sell you this: for $3500 right now and boy is it original... or I can spend an additional grand.5 add a GSXR 6 front end, an ally swinger with disk and brembo's and some spando chambers be in it... all in for 2.5K and sell it fast(r) for more money because it's what the "kids" want. Believe me, I ride it and the suspension sucks ass and the brakes are shit "feeling" it tracks like a grain cart POS. The bike if going to be ridden daily needs updated on almost every level, we live in a drive wile stoooopid world of texters and ragers Brakes and Power is mandatory on a motorcycle, I would be more concerned about it being a 125 under powered death trap on today's roads.

Don't take this personally Just a rant, but are we supposed to start with a nasty rusty pile of shit if we want to build a bad ass monster? tell Copo or Hurst that, build it how YOU want it mang :eek: /

Attachments

• IMG_20150417_174253006.jpg
    IMG_20150417_174253006.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 294
This: would be a good option to sell and use the build cash to basically be done in a day. http://www.suzuki2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11461

High On Octane said:
Tuneafish I always thought your name was music related but now I now it's because you have a smelly vagina.

Yes! Just like your beard LOL Took it personal eh... you purists get upset when you cant back up the drivel you spew.

Re: Suzuki gt185 color scheme.

Purist? Hardly. Honestly I read these threads more for humor and entertainment than anything. Cafe the shit out of this bike! Make sure to check out the Rattle Can Bling thread to put that authentic garage built look on it too!

if I redo the paint Id be having a high quality powder coating business do. There's one literally just don't the road a mile. And I see people chopping up good Honda cb's for cafe racers. No one seems to care about them. I wouldn't even really be changing much. I was thinking I could just buy new parts and modify them.

Back
Top Bottom