CB450 K1 chrome tank panel repair.

Mike546

I'm wondering if there is anyone that can repair and replate the gas tank side panels on my CB450. The left is pretty good but the right has some damage on the top front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 205
Many (most?) plating places can also straighten and repair stuff as well. If you can't find somewhere near you, try Metro Plating in Mesa, AZ -- call em, and I bet if you sent em a photo and showed them they could tell you over the phone if they can do it and how much. They do quality work.

Thanks I'll give them a call. There are a few places around me here in upstate NY but I think they are more industrial plating shops. I guess I should call them too and see what they say.

I'm new to the NE (Boston), but from what I hear, there are a few places in the vicinity (RI) but that a lot of shops send stuff out to CA or AZ for plating and charge for shipping. For something that small, shipping would be cheap.

Thanks again. I'll also check with the guys at the New England Motorcycle Museum and see who they use. They do restorations right on site.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom