Powdercoated frame

eglintonw

Long story short, I was to excited to buy new shocks and may have ordered ones that are a tad short. My question is, is it possible to bend powdercoated metal? As I want to have my seat tail bended upwards? Is this possible or will it destroy the Powdercoating?
It only needs a slight bend upwards.

5c91e63512076677dd70f01d4c8d66b0.jpg
1a7ea9ca26959fa64f86059fd65fb860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely it will mess up the powder, either from the actual bending, or from whatever you grab it with in order to bend it.

Why not just exchange the shocks for the proper size. You will have a better ride that way.

Doubt you'd be able to bend the hoop up enough to clear the tire at full shock compression anyways, but yes, it would probably fuck up the powder.

A vision with absolutely no planning. How many hundred times has it been pointed out that the hoop must be designed with the rear shocks off the bike and the rear wheel raised to full compression. Here is another example why powder coating/paint should be the last thing done AFTER the bike has been completely assembled and RIDDEN.
Powder will give a bunch, but not as much as that bar needs to be moved.
Then you just ordered shocks for what? You didn't measure or buy model specific shocks, why? Looking at price alone? Shocks are very specific to each bike and much thought should go into purchasing the correct one for you bike/ your weight/ and intended purpose.

Back
Top Bottom