www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Ducati Mobster  (Read 10917 times)

Offline 2digit-2t

Re: Ducati Mobster
« Reply #40 on: Mar 19, 2016, 22:09:45 »
jeebus.  wish i had access to the stuff you do.  jelly

Offline brad black

« Reply #41 on: Mar 19, 2016, 23:40:02 »
If anyone can suggest a cheap and easy way I can work around the factory immobiliser and install some different gauges I'd love to hear it!
From what I can tell it's impossible to get around the immobiliser unless I go for an aftermarket ecu which I'd rather not deal with. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any other suggestions for me to look into?

just reflash the ecu to remove the immo function.  simple.  no need for dash or coded key.

Offline brad black

« Reply #42 on: Mar 19, 2016, 23:46:02 »
headlight brackets are very cool.

ime, mufflers are mufflers.  they all sound the same pretty much.  without mufflers, or with the really short boom tube style crap, it'll just be blub blub loud like a harley.

one of my customers has a 400 with the carbon round danmotos and they sound much like anything else to me.  maybe a bit louder.

Offline brad black

« Reply #43 on: Mar 20, 2016, 00:18:22 »
Sweet headlight brackets... I bought some just like em from China for $19

link?

Offline Sonreir™

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #44 on: Mar 20, 2016, 01:21:21 »
As a fellow Monster rider, I can't not follow this one.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #45 on: Mar 20, 2016, 08:58:49 »
Threads like these remind me how little I know.

Offline Tune-A-Fish©

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #46 on: Mar 20, 2016, 09:38:20 »
Threads like these remind me how little I know.

About tool making or life in general  ;D The man is very good at his craft.

Maybe some basic lesson in cad is in order here... As i see it today, the art is in the design and the parts are the result of a 3D design drawing executed in automation by the machines. What we have here is a skilled cad operator and a very fine offering of machines and materials, but not rocket science.

Don't sell yourself short, this very competent tool maker, but may not be as good at baking a cake as my wife and I think that is equally important... especially if it's my sons birthday  ;D
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #47 on: Mar 20, 2016, 12:10:41 »
About tool making or life in general  ;D The man is very good at his craft.

Maybe some basic lesson in cad is in order here... As i see it today, the art is in the design and the parts are the result of a 3D design drawing executed in automation by the machines. What we have here is a skilled cad operator and a very fine offering of machines and materials, but not rocket science.

Don't sell yourself short, this very competent tool maker, but may not be as good at baking a cake as my wife and I think that is equally important... especially if it's my sons birthday  ;D

Thats deep man  :o

Offline maxBetteridge

• Max Betteridge design
« Reply #48 on: Apr 04, 2016, 21:19:50 »
Got my anodised parts back and was stoked wit the results:

While I was waiting to get the anodising done I designed the speedo backplate engraving. Once I got the parts back I did a few practice passes and then did the final pieces and again, stoked with the results:

Laser cut some 2mm acrylic for the lens and used a Woodruff cutter to cut some recesses in the bezel so the acrylic snapped into place. Was planning to use some UV cure superglue to help hold the acrylic in the bezel but the fit was so tight (and the snap so satisfying!) that I don't think it even needs it:

I proudly showed the photos of my progress to my girlfriend and the first thing she said was 'you're going to change the green lights right'. I laughed and immediately said no way that's too hard... But after thinking about it for a few days I realised she was right..

Half way done replacing the green leds with white ones:

I don't really want the white lights to be a feature but hopefully they will just complement the rest of the build and not stand out like the green ones.

Fitted the laser-cut leather grips last night too with the CNC'd clamps. I used double-sided tape on the bars to help hold the leather steady. I soaked the leather overnight to stretch it and fitted them while it was still wet so that it will shrink as it dries. The double-sided tape didn't hold onto the wet leather very well but I'm hoping that as it dries the adhesive on the tape will eventually stick and still do its job. As of this morning the leather feels quite dry and seems to have tightened up around the bars quite nicely.

And finally, turned up some acetal adapters for the new uni filters.

Fitting these and remounting all the components that attach to the stock airbox and crankcase breather etc will be the next big task.

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #49 on: Apr 04, 2016, 21:42:21 »
Mmmmmmmmmmmm
"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end"