Original Honda Engine Paint Color

mark97lions

Hey can anyone tell me where to get a good original color Honda engine enamel/paint. And also were the original engines painted on the lower and clearcoated on the top? Thanks

Welcome Mark,
The closest silver paint i've found is that Duplicolor #DE1615.The cases are painted on some model/yr. engines and some they're not.. My CB/CL350 had the top crankcase painted but not the lower.

So then I have another question. Were the majority of Honda engines not painted or painted? Or better yet can you tell me was a 1971 Honda CB350 engine painted originally? Thanks!

mark97lions said:
So then I have another question. Were the majority of Honda engines not painted or painted? Or better yet can you tell me was a 1971 Honda CB350 engine painted originally? Thanks!

I think the older ones(350 twins) had both upper & lower halves of the cases painted silver from the factory.. but the last ones(K4 & K5) only had the top case painted as I mentioned before.The 71' was usually a K3 and I'm not sure about that.Do you have any pics of the original condition of those cases ?

Back
Top Bottom