Making a Wiring Diagram Poster

kosmjon

Been Around the Block
If you have 50+ year-old eyes as I do you may appreciate this tip. Rather than printing out a wiring diagram on an 8x11-inch or so piece of paper I like to print it in poster mode so it is 4x as large. Here's how to do it (on Windows, I'm sure the instructions for a Mac would not be too different)

1) find a wiring diagram scanned image that you like. I found one via a link on this site for my CB450

2) View using the photo viewer and choose print

3) Choose printer options, layout and choose poster mode 2x2 (or can you choose to make it larger, e.g., 3x3, etc. if you wish...)

Wiring%20Diagram%20Printing_zps0brwhesf.jpg

4) With 2x2 the image will span across four pieces of paper. Depending on your printer and settings there will be a thin strip at the edges that needs to be trimmed off.

5) With the edges trimed, you can use 3m Super-77 Spray Adhesive (or equivalent) to glue the individual pieces of paper to some poster board from the Dollar Store being careful to line up the edges and the wire traces.

6) Finally you can spray it with some Krylon (or similar) clear to protect the finish from fingerprints, etc.

f4a66bc7-d1b0-472a-8198-5aeef3c30527_zpso7ubtdlq.jpg

A little bit of work, but now you can pin this to the wall and hopefully see what's going on a little better.

Back
Top Bottom