Howdy Folks!

grandpaul

Author, "Old Bikes"
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Glad to be "setting up shop" here, I've been on the site since 2/2015 and have been posting up my ongoing and some previously completed restoration, refurbishing and custom build projects.

I've been in business since 9/2005, but have been doing this stuff for almost 45 years now, starting with stripping down and overhauling a dirt bike in 1971, to complete custom built motorcycles from bare frames and crankcases very recently (and ongoing). My (outdated) website address is HERE, and on FaceBook

My formal training consists of General Agricultural Mechanics in High School, Aviation Ground Support Equipment (mechanical, electrical, and gas turbines) in the U.S.Navy, Air Conditioning systems with Lennox and Carrier A/C, Optical Fiber and Copper Cabling Systems certification with Leviton, and various other training courses over the years.

I try to focus on complete restorations and custom builds, but also do significant refurb projects and engine overhauls. I have established excellent working relationships, some over 30+ years, with machinists, powdercoaters, painters, plating shops, polishers, wheel builders, and many national parts distributors, in order to offer my clients great pricing on subtrade work and quality parts.

My main business has been classic & vintage bikes, but I own, and have done client work on, modern bikes as well.

I also buy, sell & trade in lots whenever possible. I'm constantly on the lookout for bikes and parts for clients and internet acquaintances, and there is no limit to what I'll consider in a good trade!

To date, I've completed 15 Custom Builds, 20 Complete Restorations (three in progress), 3 Salvage Rebuilds, 21 Major Refurbs (two in progress), 18 Engine Overhauls, and 6 Client "Make-Run" major projects.

Born Again Bikes has a 100% perfect warranty record with all reported claims settled TO THE PENNY, to the clients' satisfaction. I also have a 100% Ebay record, having sold 60+ motorcycles, and many thousands of dollars in parts, over the last 13 years.

I was the first motorcycle shop to post ALL ongoing projects in "near-real-time" on the internet of Delphi Forums, with photos and narrative posted every evening, and sometimes twice a day (still do this with ALL projects). Some shops have caught on to this and post an occasional update, but I google searched high and low for at least 5 years before I found ANY other shops that did this after I started. I do this so that my clients can check on their projects just like stepping into the shop, from anywhere in the world.

I operate out of my expanded garage in the south Texas heat, at the southern end of I-35, and can almost always be found right here (in the shade, or in front of a BIG fan).

I know of you from another site not aware of your back ground or business very interesting, new here myself my post a getting running type project. Thank you for any help I may get in advance.

Love watching your build threads, glad to have you as a contributor here. You're located in South Texas if I recall, correct?

coyote13 said:
Love watching your build threads, glad to have you as a contributor here. You're located in South Texas if I recall, correct?

Thanx.

Yes, Laredo, TX. On the southern end of I-35, on the Mexico border.

Back
Top Bottom