77' CB550K LED turn signal trouble

southernbelle

So I have a 77' CB550k and replaced the tail light/ turn signals with a dual LED strip. The brake light works fine, but the turn signals don't come on at all. Do I need some sort of new relay to make them work? Or a load equalizer? Non-led turn signals work, but they flash really slowly. I'm not electrically savy so.. here I am. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

Try replacing your stock signal flasher with one made for led's, which don't draw enough amps to trigger the stock one. I used a 2 milliamp flasher for my led strip. They're cheap, you should be able to get one for less than $5. Your stock flasher is probably a two-pronged one, so look for the same number of prongs in a new flasher.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The problem isn't likely to be the flasher.

With LEDs, because they draw less current, they generally cause the signals to flasher very quickly or just stay on without flashing.

If you're not getting any flashing or just flashing very slowly, you probably have a wiring issue. Check all of the connectors and ensure they are clean and the metal is bare.

Ok, if the signals don't come on at all right now, you have a wiring problem, so get that sorted first. But, you will still need a different flasher in order to get them to blink at the correct rate. I got mine from Fleabay but you could probably get one from any auto parts store, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom