Throttles and Switches! Can they live in harmony together?

thefish

Been Around the Block
Hey guys, I'm rebuilding an '83 Kawi 750LTD into a bobber/brat/café bike. Could go either ways. I've got the handlebars I want but now I'm in the market for a new throttle and switch. The existing throttle is woven into the on/off/starter switches. I'd like to keep this same concept and keep everything as minimal as possible but I don't see many combos like this out there. The existing throttle/switch is overly bulky and needs to be cut way down. 7/8" handlebar and not too much room on the bar.

What kind of combinations have you guys used before that's worked well and looked clean? Or do you have any suggestions where to find this combo? Dimecity is my favorite place but it's lacking in this department.

Thanks for the help!

Its always a challenge getting that clean look, yet maintaining functionality and legality! In the past I've separated the throttle and used separate switches. Some of the coolest stuff I've seen (although it's not cheap) are the switches by Highway Dirt Bikes:

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=switch_mounts

They design their stuff for dirt bikes, so it's all very small and robust...

Good luck with the project!

sbruton said:
Its always a challenge getting that clean look, yet maintaining functionality and legality! In the past I've separated the throttle and used separate switches. Some of the coolest stuff I've seen (although it's not cheap) are the switches by Highway Dirt Bikes:

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=switch_mounts

They design their stuff for dirt bikes, so it's all very small and robust...

Good luck with the project!

Awesome! Thanks for the link, that would look great on the bike. I'm not sure about the ordering process. Could you better explain it? I selected the 3 button switch mount (one for on/off and starter). Do you then choose the buttons you want? I don't see any options for a starter button. Also, it doesn't look like it comes with any cables.

You might be best to give them a call. They have different types of buttons, and perches that could work but you will need to customize it for your application. I think any momentary button will work for a starter, but you will need to know some electrical basics to wire it up correctly through your starter relay.

sbruton said:
You might be best to give them a call. They have different types of buttons, and perches that could work but you will need to customize it for your application. I think any momentary button will work for a starter, but you will need to know some electrical basics to wire it up correctly through your starter relay.

Alright, good deal. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom