www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: The farklefication of my KLR650  (Read 1399 times)

Online Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: The farklefication of my KLR650
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2017, 13:40:01 »
you'll be riding in green style at the thaw for sure
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline HerrDeacon

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2017, 14:33:54 »
Just the 16t sprocket and the Galfer 320mm brake upgrade to install along with the tires and we're all ready for Kentucky!

Don't forget the KLR standard milk crate! :)
Perry

1972 Honda CB350 K4 / 1978 Honda XL250S /1982 Honda MB5 / 2014 Honda CB500X

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2017, 15:00:51 »
Nice!
I had those same grips on my KLR, they are fantastic. Burn your hands off on 100%

It's wired up for my Gerbing heated gear too (given to me by a friend no longer using them).  Full outfit - pants, jacket and gloves.  So yeah, I'm not going to be cold!

I figured I'd put the Oxfords on while I was changing the bars out, so I have warm hands whenever I ride, whether I use the Gerbing gloves or not.  The Gerbings are heavy leather gauntlets and a little overkill much of the season.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2017, 22:42:57 »
Just about done!

New Shinko 805/804 tires are on
Galfer 320mm front brake upgrade
IMS footpegs
IMS Flightline extended shift lever
KLRDash kit
Zero Gravity windscreen

Just a couple more things to bolt on and we're good to go!
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2017, 22:47:00 »
...and yeah, it looks like an angry cockatoo.

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2017, 23:28:16 »
they are indeed an angry little breed of birds, but even they're scared of the black cockatoos, about twice the size and a beak that'd take 3 fingers off in one go

we quite often get a small flock of the white ones sitting on the edge of the balcony daring the cats to come and have a go.....the cats have considered the matter and declined the offer. hoping to get a maine coon soon and we shall see if the balance of power shifts

the wolfhound and great dane are just plain shit scared of the cockatoos, to be honest the wolfhound is scared of the cats too
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2017, 23:30:53 by spotty »
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2017, 23:39:18 »
Red tailed blacks are some of the nicest looking birds though. Have a few around my area.

Nice looking bike Tim, mods make it look much more capable.