www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: YZF750/1000R - The Fly  (Read 29726 times)

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
Re: YZF750/1000R - The Fly
« Reply #340 on: May 08, 2018, 17:56:05 »
These bikes like gas and oil.  Gas mileage sucks, probably still related to the carb tuning I've yet to tackle.  They also naturally use a bit of oil.  Everyone I've talked to says the same thing and not to sweat it.  The first time the big red oil light came on I nearly shit.  I've never had a bike with an "oil level" instead of an "oil pressure" light.  I don't like red lights on my dash so I cleaned out an old 2 stroke bottle from my string trimmer and filled it with Yamalube 4 stroke oil.  Now I have a few ounces with me in case (like Sunday) where I'm out in the boonies and the light comes on.  Pull over, dump it in, no worries. 
--
KZ400 The Rabbit
YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
65 Norton, My damn Shovelhead chop
more YZF750R's, the KZ's, a Zephyr750...and the unfinished 75' CB550 cafe.
--

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2018, 09:36:01 »
I can dig it.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline hillsy

« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2018, 22:54:48 »
These bikes like gas and oil.  Gas mileage sucks, probably still related to the carb tuning I've yet to tackle.  They also naturally use a bit of oil.  Everyone I've talked to says the same thing and not to sweat it.  The first time the big red oil light came on I nearly shit.  I've never had a bike with an "oil level" instead of an "oil pressure" light.  I don't like red lights on my dash so I cleaned out an old 2 stroke bottle from my string trimmer and filled it with Yamalube 4 stroke oil.  Now I have a few ounces with me in case (like Sunday) where I'm out in the boonies and the light comes on.  Pull over, dump it in, no worries.

Same thing happened to me on my FJ1200 - oil light comes on...time to change underwear... ;D

The annoying thing about the FJ is the low fuel light is also red - it came on one night and I'm thinking it's the oil light and expecting to see a hole in the cases or something  >:(

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #343 on: May 10, 2018, 12:49:27 »
Same thing happened to me on my FJ1200 - oil light comes on...time to change underwear... ;D
The annoying thing about the FJ is the low fuel light is also red - it came on one night and I'm thinking it's the oil light and expecting to see a hole in the cases or something  >:(

Haha..  yeah, I was about 20 miles from anywhere when it first happened.  Surprise!
--
KZ400 The Rabbit
YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
65 Norton, My damn Shovelhead chop
more YZF750R's, the KZ's, a Zephyr750...and the unfinished 75' CB550 cafe.
--

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #344 on: May 10, 2018, 15:12:38 »
Carrying spare oil around with you... now you sound like a 2stroker :P
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.