www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: All quiet on the home front ???  (Read 5013 times)

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
Re: All quiet on the home front ???
« Reply #40 on: Aug 31, 2017, 07:35:11 »
I FEEL ANOTHER BRIT BOTM COMING UP !    ;)
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #41 on: Sep 01, 2017, 19:00:14 »
Pick me pick me.... ;) haha.

Who've you got in mind beachy ??

edit: It's good old Unc isn't it. How does he do it? :)
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2017, 20:01:50 by NoRiders »

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #42 on: Sep 03, 2017, 09:15:01 »
Pick me pick me.... ;) haha.

Who've you got in mind beachy ??

edit: It's good old Unc isn't it. How does he do it? :)

That's the problem NR .... we have so many talented builders this side of the pond to choose from.

Offline unclerob

« Reply #43 on: Sep 07, 2017, 17:51:26 »
I should have started a thread I suppose but its going together so easily that I don't want to jinx it!!
Today for example I came across a nice old Swedish made qa throttle I'd had lying about for years.....thought it would look the part but didn't really fancy sodding about for hours making a cable that would likely end up just too short but then happened to notice the po had put a new cable on the bike before I ripped it apart....and it fitted perfectly! Adjusters right in the middle, even the curved steel bend went round the master cylinder just right....

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #44 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:04:48 »
That's coming along nicely Unc. Trumper engine looks right*. Nice touch on the throttle, looks cool. I hope to use a Domino set up on the Suzonda.

* the rocker cover looks tight to the frame, will it clear for servicing?

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #45 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:33:39 »
BTW - anyone looking for a relatively cheap version of that throttle, Some BMW Airheads had a very similar system.

Also some Airheads had a remote master cylinder, so you could use a traditional looking cable front brake without having a GBFO m/c stuck out in the breeze. BMW mounted theirs on the top frame tube under the tank. I used one on the Vindicator mock up before I switched to the Grimeca hub / brake.

I think I still have a few of them in my stash somewhere !!

Offline unclerob

« Reply #46 on: Sep 11, 2017, 13:09:27 »
The throttle is much the same as those cheap Emgos just nicer quality.....good thought on the master cylinder TJ....had forgotten all about them! Am planning on getting an original type letterbox fairing and just widening it by an inch or so rather than spend days and days making my own (though made a copy of the seat today but forgot to take a pic) will see what clearance issues arise once I've got hold of one....
You're right about cam cover Colin, had originally planned the top tubes to meet up with the little ones running to the steering head and that would have given the space to remove it. But in the end decided to sacrifice ease of maintenance for a bit of extra rigidity.....my thinking being its now fairly light and doesn't have loads of bits to take off so you only need to undo 6 bolts to lift the whole frame up off the motor to get room....
Pleased with the weight also btw, with a box full of calipers, discs, battery etc perched on top of the frame its currently at 162kg with probably less than 10 more to add....original bike weighed in at 214kg!

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #47 on: Sep 12, 2017, 06:10:06 »
The throttle is much the same as those cheap Emgos just nicer quality.....good thought on the master cylinder TJ....had forgotten all about them! Am planning on getting an original type letterbox fairing and just widening it by an inch or so rather than spend days and days making my own (though made a copy of the seat today but forgot to take a pic) will see what clearance issues arise once I've got hold of one....
You're right about cam cover Colin, had originally planned the top tubes to meet up with the little ones running to the steering head and that would have given the space to remove it. But in the end decided to sacrifice ease of maintenance for a bit of extra rigidity.....my thinking being its now fairly light and doesn't have loads of bits to take off so you only need to undo 6 bolts to lift the whole frame up off the motor to get room....
Pleased with the weight also btw, with a box full of calipers, discs, battery etc perched on top of the frame its currently at 162kg with probably less than 10 more to add....original bike weighed in at 214kg!

I have at least 4 [ !! ] of those remote cylinders in my stash somewhere if you want to try one out. They really do the job - if that's the look you're going for.

Offline unclerob

« Reply #48 on: Sep 12, 2017, 14:59:35 »
Many thanks TJ but will hold off on that for now....mainly because then I'd have to try and do the same with the clutch! Would be interested to know what the mc bore is though if you happen top know? I'm aiming to have the bike done within the 3 next or 4 weeks and I'm already very good at making extra work for myself....today I decided to make a grp copy of the oil tank used on the original bikes and hide all the electrical components inside it....and fairly sure I then won't be able to resist making fake oil lines to hide all the engine wiring inside!!

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #49 on: Sep 12, 2017, 18:11:51 »
I'll get the specs for you this week. TJ