1980 XT500 BUILD

Oh and by the way!
i still have no idea what these wires are for. (they are in the headlight)

Everything is working,
however my brakes lights are not working, rear brake doesnt do anything, and front brake when pressed, the brake lights turns off. i know its weird, so i still have some wiring issues to deal with.
any help would be great

Attachments

• IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    1,014 KB · Views: 283
Ok good news after playing around with the wires some more, i now have everything working great!

So glad the wiring is under control.

Time to move onto painting and resembling the kick start!
And do some welding for the side stand.

What is the plan for the finished bike? Enduro/off road, stress tracker or something else?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Mr Bernzo said:
What is the plan for the finished bike? Enduro/off road, stress tracker or something else?

As soon as the bike is finished. I’m throwing on a backpack and heading down to great ocean road and hitting the enduro tracks of Anglesea and ending up where ever the trails take me!

Then I’m also going to try and join the vinduro circuit guys and see if I can fang around with them.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Also going to club reg the bike for on road and enduro

Solid plan. I love the tracks around Anglesea. I ride my dirtbike around there, fast sandy trails and some good single track too.

Just repainted and installed a new rubber end. for the kickstart.
bought a new spring and balls for the kick start assembly. should work great.

Attachments

• IMG_1855.JPG
    IMG_1855.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 270
New washer, ball and spring arrived today.
So i painted the kick start, put on a new rubber, a little bit of grease. and its looks great, and even better its so smooth now, it was all rusted up and didnt move when i got it.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_1933.JPG
    IMG_1933.JPG
    774.7 KB · Views: 277
A few shiny parts arrived today. I have put on a pod filter, and was super worried the wiring/battery box was going to get in the way.
But it fit perfectly. looks great.

Attachments

• IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 266
Just installed the new brake light and number plate bracket

Attachments

• IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 276
I have removed the old decompression leaver from the handle bars, and replaced it with this new decompression lever.

Less is more!

Any opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_1956.JPG
    IMG_1956.JPG
    746.3 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1957.JPG
    IMG_1957.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 288
I just filled the bike up with oil today.

I have a question.
When does the oil pump start working? when the bike starts? because im concerned about trying to kick start the bike without knowing if there is oil all through the engine.
I just filled it up, i will leave it for a day , hopefully thats enough time for the oil to work its way through.

Anyone got some advice about what i should be doing before i kick start this beast?

MCKAY34 said:
I just filled the bike up with oil today.

I have a question.
When does the oil pump start working? when the bike starts? because im concerned about trying to kick start the bike without knowing if there is oil all through the engine.
I just filled it up, i will leave it for a day , hopefully thats enough time for the oil to work its way through.

Anyone got some advice about what i should be doing before i kick start this beast?
Oil is only going to begin to flow when the engine is running. You won't harm it by kickstarting it.
No benefit to sitting over night, oil only goes to the lowest point in the engine, almost immediately upon pouring it in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

540Nova said:
Oil is only going to begin to flow when the engine is running. You won't harm it by kickstarting it.
No benefit to sitting over night, oil only goes to the lowest point in the engine, almost immediately upon pouring it in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ok great, thanks for the advice!!! You have been a great help

Im just waiting for some new parts to arrive, hopefully tomorrow or the next day,
will have some updates soon! and will start to fire this baby up!

New parts arrived, cant wait to put this exhaust on!
with have updates shortly.

any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2123.JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 280
Back
Top Bottom