Help - identify forks and swingarm please

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Hi all, I'm asking for help to identify these forks and swingarm I've bought 'on spec' for beer money.

The seller didn't know what they came off of and the only clue is the Honda decals on both.

The swingarm looks to be a monoshock version

The forks look lightweight and not very wide apart and have a single disc/caliper mount by the looks.

So, I'm thinking small capacity Honda,maybe a CB/CG 125/175 perhaps.

I'll have more information when I get them, maybe a part # ?

Any help or suggestions welcomed, thank you.

The items have arrived and I'm trying to identify them.

Swingarm:

I've tried to capture the particular features which might help to ascertain what make/model it came off. I'm beginning to think the Honda decals are a red herring as I can't find a Honda swingarm that uses snail axle/chain adjusters with a closed axle slot and most notably a square cross member.

Any ideas folks?

Forks:

Not too sure I can use these as they are narrow,so a very width wheel/tyre to pass between the stancions/gaitors I reckon. 30mm stancions. The stancion tops have a square drive plug, again, not a Honda feature?? The axle mounts are ahead of the leg, in a crosser/dirt bike style.

Cant help you much other to say that 30mm fork diameter is tiny.....so it's probably an 80 / 100 cc bike that they would have originally belonged to.

Here's a fork diameter list - there aren't too many 30mm forks in there....

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=20950.0

hillsy said:
Cant help you much other to say that 30mm fork diameter is tiny.....so it's probably an 80 / 100 cc bike that they would have originally belonged to.

Thanx for the fork list guide. The CR60-80R forks don't match. The lower axle mount is higher up on the CR, these are just at the bottom of the leg..puzzling??

Not having much luck with the swingarm either, much too boxy and crude to be a factory Honda item, another puzzler??

I'll probably end up using the swingarm but maybe not the forks as they are a bit dainty for a hooligan 200cc street tracker.

We'll see :D

That swingarm is probably an XR/XL from the eighties. All of the motocross machines from Honda (CR) had tbe pivot that passed through the frame and rear motor mount. Yours clearly is frame only for the pivot. I had a CR60 when I was a kid and those forks are different than what you have. Sorry that I'm not much more help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

It isn't CR/XR/XL- they'd be drum brakes in the early eighties before they lengthened the lowers. Early 80s for CR and mid for XL/XR they lengthened the lowers. CRs got discs, but XRs and XLs stayed drums. Those forks are disc.

Thanks for all your help guys....still trying to find out. But, for now I reckon the swingarm will work but maybe not the dainty forks whatever they're off of.

I'll be sure and update this if/when I find out.

Update: Having offered up an 18" tyre the rear swingarm is way to short to be of any use to this build, so both will be filed or sold.

The good news is I have scored a cracking set of forks and alloy twinshock swingarm today so all's good my friends :)

Back
Top Bottom