KZ400 LED tail/brake light swap

markitzero

This is my first post and I have always found solutions to the various issues I've run into, but this issue seems to go unanswered. I'm attempting remove the stock tail/brake light with a Lucas style LED tail/brake light from Joker machine. The issue is the brake lamp failure light on the tachometer gauge keeps flashing because of the low current from the LED tail light. I've looked online and all solutions point to an inline resistor. I'm unsure of how to go about calculating the size of this resistor, so if anyone can point me in the right direction or provide another solution would be a massive help.

You'll need a resistor. Five or six Ohms at about 50W should do the trick. This one would work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Ohm-50W-Watt-Shell-Power-Aluminum-Housed-Cover-resistor-/263105577913

One end of the resistor (doesn't matter which) goes to the tail light wire and the other end goes to ground.

You might need two resistors if you have separate warning lights for the tail light and the brake light.

Back
Top Bottom