www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: New CNC parts line.  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
Re: New CNC parts line.
« Reply #40 on: Aug 09, 2017, 18:50:28 »
I was actually thinking about that while driving home from work. I've been working on one for my mill, but it sure would be slick for this type of work.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #41 on: Aug 09, 2017, 19:01:40 »
They're easy enough to make with a rotary, and a tail stock. But, that way, you don't have a rotational 5th. On these, you'd want the 5th for the bolt holes that go in at an angle.

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
« Reply #42 on: Aug 09, 2017, 21:46:10 »
Out of curiosity, how many ops you running on the triple?

My guy says 4. Finished part, well almost.

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #43 on: Aug 10, 2017, 22:30:41 »
The important bit, what's it going to cost?
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #44 on: Aug 10, 2017, 22:43:04 »
My guy says 4. Finished part, well almost.

Pretty!
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
« Reply #45 on: Aug 10, 2017, 23:04:28 »
The important bit, what's it going to cost?

Heh, working on that. I'm guessing I don't have to tell anyone here this isn't going to be a cheap part with all that machining. It's going to largely depend on how big the order is, both for this piece, and other pieces all on the same order.

Offline crazypj

« Reply #46 on: Aug 11, 2017, 11:47:08 »
If it comes in much more than $125 you'll still sell quite a few but doubtful to the majority of people on here.
Probably 'worth' $250  or more, I know you have to start with a very expensive block/plate, material and machine time are going to be a bit high?
You already checked some of the other yokes people are making here? CB350/360 is known issue, they go around $100~$120 last time I looked.
 I
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
« Reply #47 on: Aug 11, 2017, 12:35:45 »
If it comes in much more than $125 you'll still sell quite a few but doubtful to the majority of people on here.
Probably 'worth' $250  or more, I know you have to start with a very expensive block/plate, material and machine time are going to be a bit high?
You already checked some of the other yokes people are making here? CB350/360 is known issue, they go around $100~$120 last time I looked.
 I

Cognito's nicer ones go for 249, the cheap flat piece of aluminum ones go for 129. Imo this is much nicer that what is available, I have to get good shots of the beautiful contours, my cell phone did not do it justice. My cost will by high on a low production number like 10, don't care to speculate on an exact number in case i'm wrong. If I did something like 100 I could get it down for sure, there's a lot of setup time for this piece. I think the total actual run time for everthing is 35-40 mins each. This is probably a piece I would make very little on, but it's nice to offer any how.

Offline crazypj

« Reply #48 on: Aug 12, 2017, 00:29:33 »
 ;) I just threw out some numbers to see where it went, knowing you would have already priced the competition.
Personally I think $130 for flat plate is way overpriced, the design you have is going to need a much thicker piece to be able to machine all the curves. Good looking piece is going to cost a lot more. Probably be best to make a replacement for USD forks first, new stock piece would be damn expensive simply because the forks are newer (plus, as I already mentioned, there ain't too many different sizes) If tey were drilled for 'risers/bar clamps it would open up a market that doesn't exist at present, USD forks with MX/flat track bars. To get a neat looking handlebar mount is pretty difficult and stock top yoke is real tin where they get drilled for bar mounts (Used to work with a bunch of 'stuntaa's')

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
« Reply #49 on: Aug 12, 2017, 04:54:58 »
;) I just threw out some numbers to see where it went, knowing you would have already priced the competition.
Personally I think $130 for flat plate is way overpriced, the design you have is going to need a much thicker piece to be able to machine all the curves. Good looking piece is going to cost a lot more. Probably be best to make a replacement for USD forks first, new stock piece would be damn expensive simply because the forks are newer (plus, as I already mentioned, there ain't too many different sizes) If tey were drilled for 'risers/bar clamps it would open up a market that doesn't exist at present, USD forks with MX/flat track bars. To get a neat looking handlebar mount is pretty difficult and stock top yoke is real tin where they get drilled for bar mounts (Used to work with a bunch of 'stuntaa's')

Definitely something we can do. Another I'm thinking of offering is new cnc brake arms for drums. They are all in sad condition at this point, and I saw a guy repopping  tz350 drums that is doing it just for the 1 rim, looks awesome!