www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: New CNC parts line.  (Read 2796 times)

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
Re: New CNC parts line.
« Reply #51 on: Aug 12, 2017, 15:10:58 »
That's a good price considering what a genuine TD/TZ costs. They have been bid up to crazy prices. It's so far outside my price range that  I don't even look any more though..
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
« Reply #52 on: Aug 12, 2017, 15:41:27 »
That's a good price considering what a genuine TD/TZ costs. They have been bid up to crazy prices. It's so far outside my price range that  I don't even look any more though..

If I had something it made sense for im sure id rationalize the shit out of it and put it on a card, but the only bike im doing for myself at the moment doesnt have a front end wide enough to fit it. And im not cutting into a 2k hub! Maybe when i get to the sohc 750 sitting in the corner ill design one...

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
« Reply #53 on: Aug 13, 2017, 04:48:19 »
Question for whomever. Drum brake arms, you think it's possible to make a universal set for each brand? I have 3 different honda ones (160mm, 180mm, 200mm) and thought I'd play with them all at the same time to see if there's a way to do it. If there is, I can cnc a lot of these things for cheap, both the male and female parts.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #54 on: Aug 14, 2017, 12:58:31 »
You'll likely need broaches for the female splined parts. They could be cut on an EDM easily enough, though. Single point broaching them in a cnc would be rather time consuming, or cutting them. You'd have to run something like a .030 end mill.

I have a couple rotary broaches to do brake and shift tabs for rear sets. Those things are awesome.

Slater, and Polygon Solutions have quick turn arounds for roto broaches.

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #55 on: Aug 14, 2017, 23:04:22 »
The only thing that stopped me making alloy operating arms for the CB 350/360 (plus CB77 and CB450 hubs) TLS brakes I have was broaching the splines. Both need 'new' arms because the chrome is bad. Link rods in stainless steel are the easy bit
The CB77 are a nice shape so worth getting re-plated sometime
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017, 23:07:57 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #56 on: Aug 15, 2017, 12:34:43 »
This is what you need for the splines.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #57 on: Aug 15, 2017, 12:37:05 »
This is how she works.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #58 on: Aug 15, 2017, 12:41:26 »
I've looked at rotary broaches many times for doing brake arms and shift levers, such cool tools. It's hard to justify the cost for a hand full of parts though.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #59 on: Aug 15, 2017, 13:00:31 »
Last one I bought from Polygon was $600, add another $300-$400 if you don't have a holder, and $150 for them to reverse engineer it.

I was buying brake and shift levers, and welding a tab to them for the last several years. Topped $15K in levers last year, so broaches were bought.