Cleaning bars-Looking for switches

Finally the grip and clutch lever arrived!gonna trial fit the carbs with the bowden to check how the carbs feel and see where I can place the switches.
Not gonna go with these bars...way too uncomfortable for my worn out back :)
e30fcf3030bfbb42872ca353e9770518.jpg
b3d7e7b52014c83d115e2b4126eece60.jpg
a93371570cb8259ff32785baf299e3e1.jpg

Give these a look:

http://www.b1racingproducts.com/handlebar-switches/57-race-handlebar-switch-4-button.html

hey mate, here is what i did on my xt500, i wanted the "clean look" also.
Horn and blinkers on the left, high beam switch on the back of the headlight. works great and keeps those handlebars clean. i bought the parts from modern motorcycle company in Melbourne.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 198
Wow thanks mate!
Looks amazing!How did you go about getting all the cables trough your bars?Was it a tight fit?

Does the black paint on the switches chip easily?
If yes I will go for the chromes version.

yeah i would go the chrome, the black scratches very easily.
The wires are no problem, its a little tricky trying to pull the wires out of the exit hole in the center of the handlebars though, i made a nail with a little hook on the end.
Also your drill holes have to be absolutely perfect for the switch bracket. which is difficult considering the bars are round.

good luck!

I added this to the tips FAQ but it really works great... talcum bath powder on the wires lets them slide easily through the bars.

Thank guys for your advise!

I´m in the process of getting my order together.Only problem I see that these switches are "fixed" to the bars.
That means no easy switching around and a fixed bar type for this bike...
I will decide and then order tomorrow...

Cheers guys!

Back
Top Bottom