Electric Ninja 250 For Sale Near San Diego - $4,900

JPanichella

Been Around the Block
For sale is my custom built electric Ninja 250. Fully street legal and ready to ride. The last thing that needs finished is the gas tank, it's primed and ready for the new owner to put their mark on this bike.

Here's the basic specs:

Top Speed: 87 mph (that's the fastest I've gone, but I ran out of straight road)
Range: About 50 miles if you're driving in town
Charge Time: About 2.5 hours from your standard wall socket
Brand new Pirelli tires
Powdercoated Frame, Wheels and Hardware
New Brake Pads and stainless brake line
LED Headlight/Tail Light/Turn Signals

I started with a Ninja 250 frame, and built the bike around a battery pack borrowed from a Nissan leaf. Then I installed a battery management system that shuts off the chargers when the batteries are full, and gives me a warning when the batteries are dangerously low. The motor is a very commonly used EV motor by Motenery. The controller is an Alltrax and can be programmed via USB cable (custom throttle curves, etc.)

It's a great commuter vehicle. Always reliable, smooth, you won't smell like gas when you get there. You don't need to shift gears, it's just twist and go, like a scooter. Costs pennies to fill up when charged during off peak hours. I've documented the build below:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=64772.0

And of course I'll help you understand how it works and include all the documentation and wiring diagrams. Let me know if you have any questions or wanted to give it a try. I'm selling it because I want to try and convert a full sized vehicle next, it's a really fun hobby.

Back
Top Bottom