Kz400 Cafe

MILLENNIUM FALCON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Sorry to post my bike again....but it is still for sale. Lower Price now. 1978 Kawasaki Cafe Racer. This is a 400cc twin. Kick start, 6-speed, 4-stroke. It is in excellent condition both mechanically and cosmetically. It runs beautifully....good power, no smoke, no knocks or rattles. It is 12volt. This bike is road legal and all lights, horn, etc. function perfectly. The bike has an air speed indicator from an actual airplane. It has new Avon tires & tubes. Holds around 3 gallons of fuel. It has a decent range for cruising around. I have ridden this bike all over with no issue. It is very reliable. The engine had 9,100 miles on it when I began building the bike. It runs great. Head has been ported, valves lapped, new head gasket, engine seals, new valve seals, I didnt rebuild the engine because it has great compression and the cylinders and rings looked great. still had hone marks. The only reason I took the head off was because the head gasket was weeping oil on the outside of engine. I cleaned up the head and valves and did the new seals while it was apart. I have pictures of that entire process if you would like them.....The carbs have been jetted to match the port job, exhaust and pod filters. It has a New clutch, shifts nicely and has good feel. This bike has a clear PA title in my name and is ready to transfer.This is a turn key ready to ride bike with hundreds of hours involved. I am asking $3000. It is located in central Pennsylvania 17740. PM if you have questions.... I can give you my number if you want to talk.

Video of the bike running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R68yjUA0J-Y

5ul2Jax.jpg

hdlgLpe.jpg

lK3BFuy.jpg

TjMJqpu.jpg

XrQ72EZ.jpg

VyI0bwX.jpg

q0bTq4I.jpg

giuaQ79.jpg

UJ4Xnrn.jpg

vX4emWy.jpg