Keihin CR Special 31's for KZ1000/Z1/KZ750 & GS1000 / GS750

Chuck78

Been Around the Block
I have two sets of Keihin CR Special CR31 smoothbores for sale/trade. I am looking to end up with CR29's & CR33's out of this.

Let me know if interested in trade or outright purchase.

ThankS

Chuck

Hi Matt! The guy porting my cylinder head for my 750, as well as a GS road race bike builder have both insisted that I run cr31's on my 920cc GS750 with ported head and Yoshimura cams. I was worried the 31's may slightly compromise the throttle response down low, they told me no not for my build. So I was really only just looking for some CR 33's for the 1120cc or so GS1000 engine that I have in the works for the Rickman project. And I think I have found a guy on Cafe Racer.net who has 33s that he will trade me straight up for these 31's, which will be more useful on his 750 build.

If that doesn't work out, I would sell these for whatever I could buy a set of 33's for.
They're really awesome carbs for sure. I can't get over how much lighter they than a set of stock carbs, 1/3 the weight. The vm29 smoothbores that I have are equally awesome for their size, except they are substantially older ( and subsequently more wear and tear on them, vs CR's which were made at the same time but are also still produced) and parts can be a little more tricky to find if you need a jet block, jet block gasket, or slides...

The VM29's will now be going on a 740cc GS550 / 650 hybrid.

I still need some custom triples made from you if you are still able to do that work. The Rickman sort of got put on the back burner, too many other projects, but it will see the light of day in time.

Chuck, sounds good and good luck with the search. I never really got the interest in custom triples I was hoping for so now its more of a one-off thing. I have done the ones on my race bike and will do a couple sets for my brother's projects as well, and still willing to help you out as well, just let me know.

I'm still looking to trade up a set of CR31 carbs ESPECIALLY for a set of CR29's, and still would probably do a CR33 swap as well. I am still sitting on two sets of CR31's. One will likely get used on the 1120 or 1135cc build, but CR33's would do well on that also.

Back
Top Bottom